“It's alright most of the time...”
Review of JP's Hard Luck Diner - CLOSED

JP's Hard Luck Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have eaten at JP's about 30 times. 70% of the time I have been satisfied, with everything overall. I have had bad service, usually the midnight waitstaff. The food is alright but not great.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is beyond bizarre. Let the waitress know I'd been waiting ....seated for 30+ minutes and she got sarcastic!!! As this is about the only place open right now I'm gonna eat. Talk about bad management. And I'm a local! The service here tonight is shameful. Hope they understand when I don't leave a tip....something I have not done for 25 years.

1  Thank Johnathdn
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stopped here for lunch on our way walking downtown for the cherry festival. The food was great and the service was very good. The BEST place for breakfast. Most of the restaurants downtown are trendy and offer very few breakfast choices. JP's Hrad Luck Diner has great breakfast choices including excellent omelettes! We will be back next time we visit TC!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We have been going to JP's Hard Luck Cafe for years everythings always been Aok This is one of the best restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner.JP smoked meats are just what you dream they'd be Excellent. - Jun 8, 2011

1  Thank Cscronin
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Walked in the front door and there is no hotess station...do we seat ourselves?? Asked a waitress and she sat us. Another lady (obviously not a waitress) who asked what we wanted to drink didn't even know how much the brunch was. Our waitress arrived just before we were about to leave (long wait). She took our order. That's it. Took our order; no greeting, no name. Food came out quickly and it was ok. Nothing special about scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and toast. Hubby had the western omelet with pit ham. This is VERY smoky ham. Again nothing special. Table was cleared and we still had not seen our waitress (someone else dropped off the food and someone different cleared our table). Finally, bill was brought and placed on the table. No, "How was your meal? Have a great day." Nothing. Well, it was reflected in her tip of 26 cents. We think we overtipped. Definitely will not be going back here.