“A film noir diner in Traverse City.”
Review of JP's Hard Luck Diner - CLOSED

JP's Hard Luck Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Seating, Waitstaff
Traverse City, Michigan
“A film noir diner in Traverse City.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was surprised by JP's Hard Luck Diner. This is the type of diner you hear described in a film noir crime drama. The girls working here are real and gritty, but very charming. The food is inexpensive and in decent portions. It is also very good. I had the tom tom burger which was a hamburger topped with a fried egg with two grilled cheese sandwiches as buns. I loved it.

The drafts were a good price, the food a tasty value and the staff was professional. The whole time I was here I could imagine hearing a hard boiled detective monologuing to himself in the corner. I will definitely visit JP's again. It is not pretentious fine dining, but it doesn't seem to want to be. I can truly appreciate that.

Visited March 2012

“Kinda good I guess”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

JPs is an okay restaurant.. have been there before where it took the waitress over 30 mins to come and take our order even though there was maybe 5 people in the entire restaurant... Needless the say we were not happy!

Traverse City, Michigan, USA
“It's alright most of the time...”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have eaten at JP's about 30 times. 70% of the time I have been satisfied, with everything overall. I have had bad service, usually the midnight waitstaff. The food is alright but not great.

• Visited June 2011
Traverse City, Michigan
“I was stuck in the ER waiting room and decided to come here and get something to eat. Not slow service; no service”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is beyond bizarre. Let the waitress know I'd been waiting ....seated for 30+ minutes and she got sarcastic!!! As this is about the only place open right now I'm gonna eat. Talk about bad management. And I'm a local! The service here tonight is shameful. Hope they understand when I don't leave a tip....something I have not done for 25 years.

1 Thank Johnathdn
Westland, Michigan
“Great food, friendly staff!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stopped here for lunch on our way walking downtown for the cherry festival. The food was great and the service was very good. The BEST place for breakfast. Most of the restaurants downtown are trendy and offer very few breakfast choices. JP's Hrad Luck Diner has great breakfast choices including excellent omelettes! We will be back next time we visit TC!

• Visited July 2011