“Good dogs!!!”

Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: We are a nostalgic Coney Island Restaurant in beautiful downtown Traverse City. Voted the best hot dog in town . We offer the best hot dogs piled high with all your favorite toppings! We also have burgers, chicken wings, chicken tenders, salads, fries, onion rings & home made milk shakes! H.O.D. Traverse City's own Coney Island. Try our Combo for a great deal on a meal!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Typically, I am not a fan of hot dogs, but we heard about this place and thought we would give it a try. My family was not disappointed. There is a lot of options. I like spicy so mine had peppers on it, ummm. The rest of my family ate the Fleetwood Mac (Mac and cheese plus bacon and crushed potato chips). They devoured them. My 12 year old son went up and ordered a second. Anyway, good dogs, good selection, and reasonably priced. We will go back.

There are newer reviews for House Of Doggs

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I can see why this place won the Food Networks Food Cart Wars. The food was good and glad that you could make anything that you wanted a combo. Stopped in for lunch, I had the chicken and fries and my boyfriend had the Fleetwood Mac hot dog. He really liked his food, I was just alright with my chickens and fries. I can understand the other items on the menu being okay, because they are really known for their hot dogs. We would stop back again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you like a traditional dog or about any other way you can fix a dog, these ladies do a great job. Good hotdogs, fast service, and friendly staff. With it being on the edge of Old Town it fits right in. Nothing fancy (it is a hotdog hours) but if you like dogs done a dozen different ways you need to give it a try.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I loved the hot dog I ordered. It was different than what you would buy at the store, so my kids did not really enjoy them. The skin was difficult to chew through and I think it grossed them out. But if you are looking for a different hot dog with lots of topping choices, this is your place. We all enjoyed the decor!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We came here for spring break. Its nice to eat a hot dog away from home. I thought the hot dogs were very unique and very tasty. The chili cheese fries are a must too. The décor was worth the stop. Tons of records on the walls. The kids especially loved looking at all the different "albums" and seeing where singers/bands came from. Its a must see stop.