Cambria Hotel Traverse City
Sierra Motel(Traverse City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Grand Traverse Motel(Traverse City)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsking suitesitting areafree shuttlerooms are spaciouschoice hotelsfront desk staffflat screenshuttle servicewonderful hotelbusiness centerclose to downtowna great place to staycherry festivalmini fridgefree breakfaststaff was very friendlypool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Came to town with friends for wine tasting. Great rooms and a really fun relaxing lobby with a bar. In house breakfast was excellent. Only wish they had one non-sugar cereal option. Shuttle service to and from town worked great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe B
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for being our guest over this past weekend, we do appreciate
that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for the advice regarding the sugar
free cereal option, we will look to add a choice.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I travel extensively for work and stay at many of the major hotel chains in the US. This Cambria Suites is as near to perfect as any hotel I have stayed at..
This modern hotel has an extensive list of facilities, not least the excellent restaurant, very well equipped gym, pool and hot tub. The rooms are very modern and well appointed. Some of my favorite features were the separate bedroom/lounge with flatscreen TVs and connection ports as well as Keurig K-Cup coffee maker.
You can see that the management cares a lot about every little detail, and it's the small details that sometimes make the difference.
I cannot commend the friendly staff highly enough for their excellent customer service.
This hotel is also well located, near town and the airport with shuttle service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James B
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent business trip. I am glad that you
enjoyed the ammenities, guest particularly like our new Keurig coffe makers. They
are new to our guest rooms a couple of weeks ago.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My third stay here and I will of course be back. As always, rooms are very clean and very modern, sleek, not the average hotel room. I love the Reflect lounge (the lobby restaurant/bar) it's such a nice place, very inviting which is not something you usually think of with most hotel lobbies. I love the shuttle, which runs from very early, I think 4 or 5am until midnight. Rob, our driver, is a very polite mild mannered fellow, who really knows his restaurants around town and offers great suggestions and even knows about some up-and-coming eateries. Always enjoy chit chat with him while he drives us around. In-room coffee is just terrible, I brewed mine through twice, and stepped the filter packet in my cup(!) and it was still less desirable than gas station coffee, but the coffee they put out near the breakfast room across from the elevators is very good. One more caveat, I found this to be the case with every visit- there's no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. A normal shower fogs the mirrors up for an hour and there's nothing you can do about it. There appears to be a little vent in the bathroom ceiling but it's nothing you can turn on, and it doesn't cut the mustard. Expect a foggy shower. This, and the fact that you must step into the shower to turn the water on (cold) confuses me in an otherwise state of the art hotel.

Room Tip: Tower suites have a bigger living room area and another window. Thurs nights there's live jazz in the lobby (not sure if year round or seasonal)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Huskee
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. Thank's again for all of the comments
and I did want to let you know that we did improve our in room coffee by purchasing all
new Kuerig coffee makers for all of our guest rooms. Our guests really like them.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

When traveling for business, I tend to stay in my preferred chain of hotels so that I can get my points (I don't have points with this chain of hotels because most of the other brands that associate with aren't great); however, after reading some of this reviews on this hotel I decided to give it a try... and I am glad I did.

The lobby (along with the hotel bar/restaurant) have a great vibe and the hotel staff were very cordial. My room was well appointed, very clean and I was very impressed with the bathroom (which has a open shower and great water pressure). I definitely prefer showers with a glass door over a bathtub with a nasty shower curtain.

The rooms have a sitting area with a sleeper sofa and nice TV hung on the wall and the bedroom area has a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and another TV (which I could have done without...). Also, the suite has a Keurig coffee maker, fridge and microwave - which is very convenient.

There were only two issues that I had during my stay: 1) It was freezing cold outside (i.e. January in northern Michigan) and I had some issues with the heater actually getting the room close to 70degrees; and 2) the door to the hallway must be made of tissue paper because you can hear everyone walking down the hall (even from the bed).

Overall, this hotel is a great value, close to downtown and close to the airport.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M H
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in January! We realize there are many options,
I'm glad you gave us a chance. Thank you for your comments and we will take a look
at some of your recommendations regarding the heat thermostat and your being able
to hear guests in the hallway. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a first for me. I have never written a review on T.A. without at least some type of suggestion for improvement but Cambria Suites, you rock! People-do not hesitate to stay here! This place is first rate all the way. Its all in the details and Cambria Suites does it better than all the rest.
This place is "Class" all the way, we very much enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Do not hesitate to eat at the in house restaurant. Our meal was wonderful! The in room coffee was the best we have ever had. The room was spot on perfect! Love all the little things. Staff was welcoming and friendly at every encounter. Love, love, loved our stay & will return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doggy1
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for all of the generous comments regarding your visit with us this month.
We do appreciate that you chose to stay with us, you will now have to come back at
a different time of year and really enjoy all that Traverse City has to offer.