All reviewssitting areaking suitefree shuttlerooms are spaciouschoice hotelsfront desk staffshuttle serviceexcellent hotelbusiness centerclose to downtowna great place to staycherry festivalmini fridgefree breakfastpool and hot tubstaff was very friendlytc
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Cambria Suites in Traverse City. It cost a little more than we normally spend, but given the options in Traverse City, it appears to be a good value.

It was nice to have the extra room in the suite for our family of 4. My son even decided to sleep on the extra sofa rather than sharing a bed.

I was a little disappointed that breakfast wasn't included for the $200/nt but it wasn't too overpriced (kids prices, omelet only options, etc.) and was decent quality. The restaurant and bar are open throughout the day but we only had breakfast there.

The front staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations which we truly appreciated. I'd have no issues staying again.

Note: we considered staying out by Sleeping Bear Dunes are were glad we decided to stay in town instead (more dining options, etc.).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steve_in_indy
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you to you and your family for being our guests while in Traverse City!
I'm glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and our facility as well. Hope to see
you on a return visit to Northern Michigan.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very professional staff. Breakfast was great with plenty of options.
The room was very nice with everything you could need.
The only exception would be the shower. While it looks so big and modern, there is no shelf to put items or a bench (it is a walk-in shower). So, while guys may not notice these details, I sure did!! I also wish there had been a fan to remove the humidity/fog build up.
I would stay here again, but not for a long stay due to the day-to-day inconveniences of the shower.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the road are a bit noisy, but the A/C fan can help to drown out the sound.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbfosterdog
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Cambria Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed
our hospitality and our property. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the shower
area and the bathroom fan. Our bathroom fans do run continuous, which is unlike the
style that you may have in your home. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in was quick and the front desk clerk friendly and knowledgeable. We had a first floor queen suite. It was clean and had a contemporary feel to it. The bathroom is on the smaller side but the shower had great water pressure and was hot. One complaint from my wife was the poor lighting in the bathroom while she was getting ready in the morning.

I agree with other guests that the hotel is in an awkward location. While on a busy street, there's an old 7-11 across the street. For neighbors there is an old motel which I couldn't determine if was still in business or abandoned. Behind Cambria Suites was a shady apartment complex which they wanted you to park against.

We paid close to $300 including taxes for one night. I think for what you get this place is overpriced. No breakfast included and not on the water (or even a decent view in any direction).

If we're ever in Traverse City again we will probably look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank FSHR5
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I'm sorry that you were dissapointed with the location of our hotel and the pricing as well.
Traverse City's hotel rates are at there highest during July and August. Hopefully you can
come back and join us at another time of the year when our rates drop down to lower rates.
Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We chose this motel based on the great reviews. I'm sorry, I was not impressed. The area around the elevators shared its space with tables for the restaurant and it seemed crowded. No continental breakfast.
Our room was quite large, the decor was nice. The shower was a walk-in, but motels don't seem to be using fans anymore and everything fogs up. I think a small shelf in the shower would have been nice...I don't enjoy standing on my head to shave my legs! The sofa bed was not comfortable at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay! The Cambria
Brand doesn't offer a complimentary continental breakfast, we all have
full service restaurants. I appreciate all of your comments as we are
always looking for ways to improve. Best Regards!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Always an excellent place to stay and very quiet on the 3rd floor. I'm a fan of the check in staff and always feel welcome. Wish you had more nights that jazz was being played on that beautiful piano!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank terristours
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage of the Cambria Suites. I am
glad that you enjoy our hospitality from our staff. Our Jazz night comes back
in September right after Labor Day and runs through next June. Thank you
for letting us know that you enjoy it.