“Gone downhill ”

The Underground Cheesecake Company
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Dessert Boutique and Savory Cafe ; In the Grand Traverse Commons.
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

When we first found this place a couple of years ago the cheesecake was absolutely amazing but I've found our last couple of visits, (spaced at least 6 months apart) have been very disappointing. My cheesecake had a skin on it like it had been sitting in the case for a long time. It was nowhere near as creamy as we remembered. Probably won't be back.

2  Thank Melissa478
There are newer reviews for The Underground Cheesecake Company

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I went during the off season and they didnt have a ton of selection, but what I got I did enjoy, very good.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

we went one night but couldn't find the place-luckily we didn't because it would've been closed anyway. this place could make more money if it was somewhere like the downtown area where people are always walking by or looking for dessert after their meal in one of the wonderful restaurants. luckily we gave it another try the next day and boy were we satisfied, my daughter ordered a sandwich too and surprisingly for a cheesecake/dessert store - it was amazing too. Lots of choices. The store itself is small and not well decorated but maybe because they're money goes into ingredients. we ate outside at a wonky table and that was perfect since the area is attractive enough. We would definitely go again and again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

If you love cheesecake or anything sweet then make sure you stop here!
We were exploring the Commons and found this place nestled in the back. Cool location. Very small inside, but enough space for what they need I'm sure. Luckily it had stopped raining while we visited so we ate our pumpkin cheesecake outside at one of the their tables. Delicious!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

If anyone wants delicious cheesecake, this is the place. I don't go as often because of their move to the Commons, although the parking is very convenient in their most recent location. They also have frozen soups which are great to keep frozen and serve to unexpected company.