“left hungry, thirsty, and disappointed.”

Right Brain Brewery
Ranked #14 of 108 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Owner description: Right Brain Brewery, aka RBB or "The Brain," is a microbrewery located in the up and coming SoFo District of Traverse City Michigan. Award-winning culinary inspired beers brewed with a brain, and without extracts. Beer No Evil!
Oscoda, Michigan
“left hungry, thirsty, and disappointed.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

went at lunchtime, one other table of people in bar, three people behind bar, no one to wait on us. Yes we were standing at bar. Left Hungry, Thirsty, Disappointed. They may have the best beer in TC, but I'll never know.

Michigan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Still great beer, terrible experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Perhaps over time the staff and owners have grown tired of tourists, I can get that. But really, at least pretend to be a decent person. Rude service and outright being ignored was not on my agenda. I had been here previously and had a great experience so I'm not sure what happened in between. They still haven't really established any menu so eat before you decide to stop. Still love the beer but the atmosphere was almost hostile with the "you don't belong here you're not a regular" feel to it. Skip it, you can buy their beer at local stores and even downstate now without the attitude.

3 Thank nandipandi
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Funky friendly vibe and great beer”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Yummy beer. Delicious mango salsa!!! Excellent hummus. Very funky, interesting space. Looks like they have lots of cool-sounding activities. Went there on ale trail.

Toledo, Ohio, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Off beaten path but totally worth it!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This brewery isn't on the main drag in traverse city but more off the beaten path. My husband and I love craft beers so we chose to stop at Right Brain. What a great choice! Every single home brew they make is so unique and very delicious! We had flights so we could try several and the names of each beer are just as fun as the taste! Names like Rumple Smooth Skin, Thai Peanut, and Firecracker with a hint of pepper flair - all amazing! We went on Sunday night and were the only 2 there...I was very surprised by this but the staff was great!

Unique? By far! This brewery is a big open industrial building and you can bring your own food in! They have local kids art hanging on the walls that can be purchased and tons of board games waiting to be played!

Visited May 2013
Troy, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I liked the whole flight”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Visiting a few breweries in the area and this was the only place I liked all the beer. They aren't all main stream (think Thai peanut beer) but all well made and easy to drink the flight sized portions. I like the cake walk and blue magic? best.
We walked from downtown. Sidewalk doesn't go all the way so driving is probably best.
Building seems to be more of an open warehouse with a mismatched selection of seating.
The bartenders were helpful and seemed knowledgable. Huge bonus in a brewery. I think a larger selection of foods could benefit this establishment. Not fancy but maybe some more sandwiches (the waffle sandwich looked good but we did go elsewhere for Lunch) or mini pizzas or something.
I am surprised to say that from this experience I would recommend a visit here or driving out to Shorts.
Keep up the good beer at Right Brain!

Visited July 2013