“clean, friendly”

Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Columbia City, Indiana
“clean, friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very budget friendly for a family of 4. The room was clean, clean, clean. I appreciated that the owner offered to show me the room before I paid. Micro and small fridge in room. Plenty of space. Muffins and Sunny D were offered in the office the next am. Very quiet for sleeping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Goodman, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here a few years ago for just one night. This time, we stayed for 3 nights. The sign outside says "Cleanest rooms in Traverse City" and that is so true. It's a great hotel to stay at and Cony, the owner, will go out of her way to make sure everything is good for you and will do anything to make your stay wonderful. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in TC. Thanks again, Cony for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. Huge king bed, wonderful recliner, nice flat screen TV, and the room was very very clean. Conie was an excellent host and so helpful to us. If you want a motel that cares about their property and the comfort of their guest, then Sierra Motel is where you need to come!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a recliner...makes you feel right at home :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Hi we are missing you thanks for the review.hoping see you soon.Connie.
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My fiancee and I stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend as I was running the Bay Shore Marathon. (No PR but great time was had.) I chose it because it was close to the start and pick up location. When we unloaded our luggage from the trunk of the car we realized that a gallon on windshield wiper had spilled open and gotten some of our clothes wet. We asked at the front desk for options and the owner, who was attending at the time, offered to wash our clothes in the Motel’s laundry. This demonstration of kindness and caring for the guests reflected the attitude of the owners. Everything was clean. Everything was well taken care of. We will definitively stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manuel P
Eloy, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had stayed at this motel prior, a few years ago, and since we were only staying one night, decided to give it a try. Driving in we knew it must have new owners as the landscaping seemed newly planted and the sign and staircase were freshly painted. It seemed to be owned by a couple and the wife checked us in quickly and doubled checked the room to make sure it was ready. Some changes had been made to the room with a new flat screen TV, small frig and microwave. The room appeared very clean with fairly new carpeting. However, when I saw the bedspreads, I almost didn't want to stay. The bedspreads had many loose strings with stuffing coming out and looked dirty. The bedspread also served as a blanket which certainly would not work for me as I would not want it near my face. the motel also is fairly close to the highway so there is road noise.
We had difficulty logging in to the Internet and the wife came to our room to assist. Very friendly and determined to solve our problem. Overall, except for the bedspreads, the room was fine for one night. If I knew they updated the bedspreads, I would possibly return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello ,we have a new bedspreads come to see us!
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Cannot beat this stay in Traverse City! Unless you're in need of a free continental breakfast, the Sierra Motel is the place to reserve a room. So affordable (spend more at the Omelette shoppe within walking distance down the road or along the wine trail!) and the location cannot be beat. Rooms come with a fridge and microwave and the bed was comfy too! And? You park right out front! AWESOME!! I'll be back for sure

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank spartyharty
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
We at Sierra motel appreciate your comment on our page at TripAvisora, and hope you give to us the oportunity to see you again real soo.

Sincerely.Sierra motel , Mi casa es su casa, gracias.
Dexter, Michigan
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently spent 5 nights in Traverse City and needed a place to say. This was very highly reviewed and the price was excellent. The rooms are clean. They offer high speed internet, have great televisions, a microwave, and a refrigerator. This was perfect for me. The location is great. I could walk down to the Front St. District if I wanted, and I was within a 15 minute drive of everywhere I needed to go. The staff were very warm, welcoming, and helpful. I will only stay here anytime I go back to Traverse City.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Sierra motel appreciate your comments and see you soon again.