“Clean!”
Review of Sierra Motel

Sierra Motel
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We looked online when we arrived in TC and chose this place because of the great reviews. ..we were not disappointed! We needed two rooms and were given adjoining rooms. Very clean ,very affordable and nice friendly owner. We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally K
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you to take time to review our motel, we really appreciate your comments. Sincerely Connie.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This nice and clean motel is perfect for couples or families that don't want to spend a lot of money and want to enjoy their time in Traverse City. The rooms are very clean and cozy, the owner is super friendly and nice, she welcomed us as friendly as she said goodbye. I recommend this place to live the experience of staying in an American original motel!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank blembilembi

Thank you very much to take time to review our motel,we hope see you soon again sincerely Connie

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Cony is a wonderful, friendly, and helpful host.
Our room was very clean, bed and pillows were fresh, clean, and comfortable.
We asked for advice on a good place to eat....Cony suggested Uptown, a Greek restaurant.
We were very pleased with the selection of foods, service, and were delighted with our meals.
Hot coffee was available in the office in the morning. We highly recommend the Sierra Motel if
you are looking for a nice, clean place to sleep while in Traverse City.
Dave and Rita

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rtree
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked this having read the Trip Advisor reviews, and were not disappointed. It is not luxurious, but then at less than half the price of our stays before and after Traverse City, we were not expecting luxury. As other reviewers have noted, Cony is extremely kind and helpful. When I asked about the possibility of a kettle for making tea, though she could not provide a kettle she did loan me 2 (of her own) pyrex mugs so that I could boil water in the microwave.

Even though the decor was a little dated the bed was large and comfortable, and the room was spotlessly clean, including the bathroom. The only problem I found was that the plastic mattress cover caused me to get rather hot and sticky in the night - otherwise my review would have been 5 stars

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole_NorthYorks

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This isn't a fancy motel, when compared to some of the higher priced motels. However, it is neat and clean. On our three hour drive from Sault Sainte Marie, this is a real haven and a welcome site after battling snow and high winds. for three hours

Room Tip: If you want a good, clean motel at a fraction of the cost of some of the others, this is the place f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave021941

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The best motel experience ever! My family and I arrived in Traverse City to find that a room that we had reserved at another hotel had been over booked. We frantically drove the strip and stopped at the Sierra Hotel so that we could book a room to change for our daughter’s wedding, knowing full well that we would have to pay for an entire night, even though we only needed a room for an hour. Cony was so understanding and kind to our situation! She offered us a room to change in at a reduced price. I was extremely impressed by cleanliness of the room! When we walked in it smelled fresh and clean, the carpets were in impeccable condition and the bathroom was absolutely spotless! When we returned to the office after changing for the wedding, Cony walked up to check the room. When she returned she told us that we didn't owe her a thing! It was one of those kindnesses we will never forget! I would highly recommend this motel to anyone wanting a superbly clean room with genuine heartfelt hospitality! The next time we are in the Traverse City area, we definitely are staying at the Sierra Motel!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa R
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you we really appreciate your review, we hope to see you next time when you visit traverse city.Connie

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The sign out front said something along the lines of "stop, look, be surprised". And the sign was right! Sierra motel is flanked by many large hotel chains and may appear a little outdated, but the room was SPOTLESS. Owners were very kind and always nice to see a family-owned hotel. I did not hear any noise from rooms next to me nor from the street. My only complaints are shower took a while to heat up and A/C took a while to cool down the room... Minor things. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in TC, check out Sierra motel!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cat C

Thank you very much to take the time to review Sierra Motel we hope to see you again .Connie