“GREAT burgers, fries not so much!”

Slabtown Cafe and Burgers
Ranked #8 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We love their burgers--all types and made fresh daily. But every other time we get fries here they are soggy. I think they need to rethink putting them in a paper bag--not consistent. Otherwise a good burger at a good price. I still prefer J & S on Front Street in Traverse City--better burgers, best fries and rings!

1  Thank diamondbabydoll

Reviewed 10 October 2013

These are some really good burgers. Some of the best I've had. If I ever get back up to Traverse, this will be one of my first stops!

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My hubby and I came here for lunch over Labor Day weekend and I can honestly say I was blown away with my burger. I had the Traverse City cherry burger with mayo, blue cheese and cherries and I am NOT kidding when I say that even though the burger was huge, I wasn't ready to be done eating when I took my last bite. I've had some great burgers since my husband seeks out places know for having such things but this place really won my heart.

With food being the most important part of the restaurant I feel as though I should still comment on the atmosphere as well. I love the quiet location and the quirky way they bring you your order in a paper bag. We sat outside and I thought the area designated for outdoor dining was quaint and comfortable.

Do I think that maybe the prices were a little high like I've seen in several posts? Not especially. We paid around $20 for two burgers, two fries and two drinks. For the quality and flavor of the food I think this is completely reasonable. I can tell you that we will definitely be back next time we are in Traverse because there are a lot more burgers to sample.

1  Thank mopogra
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great fresh juicey burgers and fresh soda from Wild Bill's taps. Makes for a guilty pleasure dinner tonight.

1  Thank sabastian69
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The burger here is honestly the best I have ever had. It has an awesome flavor and will not disappoint you. The fries on the other hand have never wowed me. Many times when I have gotten them they have come out soggy and quite disgusting. When we asked for another order of fries they were not much better. This place also has soups that are homemade and delicious. Other than the fries, everything else has always been good. They also have very good pop that is very different from what other places in town have to offer. Overall the place is good.

1  Thank Kimmy A