Don't really have anything to add - the other reviews have pretty much covered it:
1) Franny - very, very friendly & helpful,fun to talk to...
2) Incredibly convenient location - only 5 min walk to downtown, but far enough away to be quiet
3) Breakfast: delicious.Franny is more than happy to accommodate any dietary preferences (because whatever it is, it'll be delicious!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oviatt House Bed and Breakfast is located near the picture perfect downtown area of Traverse City. A full breakfast of organic and locally grown foods, a garden deck for morning coffee if you wish; beautiful early American antiques in comfortable bedrooms. Across the street, walk along the Boardman River walkway directly to the downtown area and its famous food venues. A 10 minute drive takes you to the wineries of Mission Peninsula. A perfect central location for visiting the Grand Traverse Bay Area. ... more less