“Left on the dock”

Two Brothers Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a sail on West Grand Traverse Bay. Private sail, for up to 6 passengers. Enjoy sailing at it's finest. 37' center cockpit O'day sail boat. 2 bathrooms, kitchen. Bring your own snacks and drinks. We will customize the sail for your small family group or friends. This is for peaceful fun on the water.
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We recently traveled to Traverse City with another couple for a weekend away. We made reservations with Captain Jake a month in advance and even have emails confirming the reservation and with instructions from him on where to meet. The day of our much-anticipated sailing trip, we were left on the dock with no Captain. When we called, he said he didn't have anything on the books for that day. NOT impressed!

7  Thank Jessica J
Raynedog, Owner at Two Brothers Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Her reservation unfortunately was deleted from the system. As you can see from the rest of the reviews this has never happened and have never had anything but a great experience as advertised. I did call her right away and apologized, and offered a free cruise to make up for this unfortunate situation. I never heard back from her. Sorry that this happened and 3 years running and never having it happen before, we strive for it not to happen in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My boyfriend and I went on a sunset sail last Tuesday night. It was a wonderful experience. Captain Jake was terrific. The boat is beautiful. The sunset was incredible. We brought our own appetizers and wine and enjoyed a very private evening.......just the two of us. We enjoyed every second. Would sail again in a heartbeat. Definitely a highlight of our vacation. I would highly recommend it!!

1  Thank schultwa
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My parents used to sail before they had kids. To celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary, my sister and I thought it would be fun to take them on the Power Island sail with Captain Jake. The morning of the sail, the weather looked a little foreboding. Captain Jake called to check on "what kind of group we had going out." I told him adventurous, and he told us to grab our slickers. So we did. And we had a FANTASTIC time. It was one of the those trips that you'll talk about for years to come.

The weather was too rough for us to check out Power Island, but no one aboard the sailboat minded because we were having such a good time on the water. The Captain kept it interesting with his nice sense of humor, and kept us all feeling safe - he is an extremely skilled sailor.

We stopped for some lunch on the water, and the sun broke through the clouds and gave us a nice relaxing rest on the boat. Then it was back at it to sail home with the wind at our backs. We flew across the water!

This is one activity that no one on the boat will forget. It will be something that we'll talk about over every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. And my parents said it was the highlight of their 40th anniversary activities.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend you check out Two Brothers Sailing and make some great memories for yourself.

3  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

WOW, What a great sail we had! The captain was excellent with our eight year old son, teaching and encouraging in safe and supportive way. I am sure this would be an unforgetable UPNORTH experience for any family or group! Thanx so much!
Mike and Laura Manack Poolesville MD

2  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Amazing trip! Went to the island and had a great time. Captain Jake was very enjoyable and very educated on sailing. A very dependable captain. His crew was very friendly and made the experience better! A must do in traverse city!!

2  Thank Tcreccomender