“Nice, refreshing, friendly”

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This Courtyard has been redone in the new 'theme' and was a very nice and refreshing place to stay. The staff and management were extremely friendly - always a huge plus in my book these days and cause for celebration.

Good location not too far from the main street attractions and right across from the mall.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Traverse City Courtyard Marriott. Check in was a breeze with a very friendly desk clerk. The room was very nice, king size bed (very comfortable), couch, desk, balcony and plenty of storage space. We requested a refrigerator and it was in our room when we arrived. There is a bistro off the main lobby where you can order cocktails and food, breakfast to dinner. We met Karen, the bartender the first night we were there. The bistro wasn’t too busy so we got to enjoy talking to Karen. She gave us a map and marked places we should go the next day. We enjoyed her so much, we returned the second night. If you get the opportunity to stay at this hotel, be sure to stop by and see Karen.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

So clean. Staff even removes AC systems 2xyear, cleans, dries, and replaces. I observed the procedure. I have multiple allergies and this hotel is one of few in the country where I can stay safely. Very friendly also. Manager will make you feel like a family member. Staff is gracious, friendly, and efficient. So clean, I can walk around in my socks. Beautiful pool and sauna area. TV's in the well-appointed exercise room. (Easy to stick with the program. ) Nice spacious meeting/lobby area. I love the freshly-made (after you order) Chicken, Chili, Lime salad, and fresh fruits. I've watched staff prepare by order other luscious salads, hot sandwiches and other hot meals in the cafe/cocktail lounge. If I could eat them, I would. I enjoy the design of the public areas too. And, personal TV's everywhere to watch while I eat or have a cocktail. Very fun. Very clean. It is easy to stay here, for a long time, which I am! And I will be back, too, once I leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobcatlips
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I visited TC for a 'getaway weekend' and were very satisfied with this hotel. Right from our check-in w/ Liz, we were extremely pleased with their customer service. Our room was spacious and very clean. Great location - close to shopping and restaurants. We were directed, by Liz, to Bubba's since we were in the mood for burgers...and they didn't disappoint! The hotel has a great breakfast bar too....very good blueberry muffins and fruit.
Thanks for a wonderful weekend!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My friend and I frequent TC to see the Met Opera simulcasts, shop, etc. After trying a down hotel and being quite disappointed, we have been delighted with our stays at the Courtyard. Having the Starbucks bar and restaurant right in the lobby as well as complimentary coffee in the room and lobby are welcome touches. Our recent stay was the quietest stay I have ever experienced in a motel. The beds are great and the noon checkout very convenient. We will look no further. This is our new home in TC!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sturgeonbay
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Lots of pros - great breakfast at the lobby restaurant; egg & biscuit-type sandwiches, parfaits, scones, fruit, and Starbuck's coffee, which was huge bonus as I was dreading hotel-room coffee before arrival. Rooms were very clean, modern, comfortable bed, wireless internet a sinch, spacious, and quiet. Front desk staff was always a step ahead and made things easy. They also have an interactive giant touchscreen monitor in the lobby for checking flights, weather, news, etc. - though limited it was nonetheless impressive, but perhaps this is a standard thing at Marriott hotels I just wasn't aware of.

Cons - No refrigerators, which was really a minor thing. Location, though only 10-15 minute drive s from downtown Traverse City, is still on the edge of town and a little bit inconvenient.

Overall a great stay and welcome site to return to after being in meetings all day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed here randomly visiting family and I found this to be one of the nicest rooms and hotels ever. I love the 1st floor with my very own patio door and a lovely walk out onto a beautiful landscaped yard. The pool and hot tub are nice. The fitness room more than needed. A lovely seating lounge in the lobby with plenty of room and relaxing with a tv and computer for use. Fun!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo