“Great Night”

Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Petoskey, Michigan
“Great Night”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just what you'd expect. The rooms and facilities were top notch. Super clean everywhere. The management and employees take great pride in what they do. We'll worth the price if your a seasoned traveler. The pool areaway very nice and again spotless.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I hope you will be returning soon.

Bryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When I opened the door to my room I felt as if I should take my shoes off. This hotel is the cleanest of all the Marriotts I've visited. Great amttresses and thick towels too. And I love the cheerful staff. If you're lucky the energetic Manager, Bryan, will be there to greet you at the Bistro during breakfast. This hotel should start your stay in Traverse City on a high note. I always end up staying longer than planned. Some evenings I just stay in for there are great dishes, drinks and cocktails offered at the Bistro in the evening. Give this fresh hotel a try but reserve in advance if possible. It is very popular.

Room Tip: Reserve far in advance in the summer. Late fall, you may be lucky enough to get a room on the go bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words, I will share with our team members. It is always great to see a familiar face in the lobby. I do hope you will be returning to the Courtyard in Traverse City soon.

Plainview, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

One of the best things about traveling is to when you can get consistency; that's why I love the Courtyard. All hotels are set up the same and have phenomenal service. I live the set up of the bistro in the lobby. It makes a great place to grab some good and work in the evenings and although you are in large room, the booths with individual tv's makes you feel like you are in your own little corner of the world. The food is quick, good and value priced. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Michigan
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. They were able to get my work group in on very short notice. Friendly staff. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. I was on the third (top) floor, and the floor felt solid. The window HVAC unit was just the right volume to drown out the hallway noise, and when the compressor turned on and off, it was not disturbing at all. The towels were thin and cheap feeling (why can't nice hotels have nice towels?). The complimentary coffee was taken away every afternoon, so my suggestion would be to have the complimentary coffee out 24 hours a day, like the Fairfield Inn.

This place is a good back-up if the Fairfield Inn around the corner doesn't have any rooms.

Keep up the good work Bryan.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words. Good call on the towels. Marriott has recognized this quality issue and has recently changed bathroom linens. We are in the process of ordering and replacing. In fact we just received a shipment today. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Couple items to be aware of here: King bed was not comfortable and pillows weren't either. My wife and I both noticed right away and predicted we would wake up not rested....and yep it wasn't good. Also kind of funny, thinking that hotels should be focused on hospitality etc well, here a prime parking spot is marked for employee of the month! It was empty of course and we needed to park quite a ways from entrance. Anyway we will stay at Hampton Inn again next time to T city.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Servicegetsit
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and comments. I am sorry that your bed and pillows were less then comfortable for you. Mattresses and pillows are very subjective items that our guests seem to have different preferences for. That is why we have both feather and foam pillows on our beds. In addition we try to give you plenty to choose from, including two stored in the closet a standard king room has seven pillows.

As for mattresses it is similar to the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. Some guests say too hard, some say too soft but most say just right. I do know of at least five guests that have purchased mattresses from the Marriott online store after staying with us. It is all about preferences, again I am sorry we did not meet your expectations this time. I am sure if given another opportunity we can find accomodations that are just right for you.
Best Regards,

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had a wedding group and booked 10 rooms. The bride and groom's suite had a card signed by the entire staff placed in their room - nice surprise. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful in getting us all accommodated. The common areas were nice for congregating, and the pool area was nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spent one night over the Labor Day weekend. When I called to reserve the room, I was offered two room types. Luck would have it that I chose the room with a barely working hot tub. Had I known at the time of making the reservation that the hot tub would take hours to fill, I would have reserved the other room. The cost of the room was outrageous, especialy so, since the hot tub didn't work properly. Oh, they were kind enough to deduct a whopping $20.00 from our bill and gave us four breakfast vouchers. Nice gesture but I still feel somewhat, "ripped off". I guess they had us by the collar since it was a holiday weekend. The hot tub was a nice temperature. The pool very cold. The breakfast was very nice as well as the seating area. Definitely not worth the premium. The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: If you request a hot tub room, make sure that its in working order before settling in!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Hello and thanks for your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were not totally satisfied as most of our guests are. I aplogize for the in-room spa tub issue that has been corrected. You are right about area hotel rooms being on the high side of price in Traverse City during the summer season. I will be taking an additional $50.00 off your past stay and you should see that credit later next week. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast bistro. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to be your preferred hotel in Traverse City.