“Very nice and quiet”

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

First time staying here. Good location although to it is a ten minute drive to the lake and downtown. Very quiet location. Close by Terra Firma brewery which was excellent. Extremely clean hotel with nice exercise room. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank MikeKerrey
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hello Mike,
Thanks for your recent stay and nice comments, I will share with our staff.
Most of our guest feel that our location is perfect. We are a short drive to downtown but have shopping and restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel. It is much easier turning out of our driveway then some of the other hotels on busy US.31.
Terra Firma is one of the newest craft breweries in town and we are lucky to have them as neighbors.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great hotel, very clean, very attentive staff. The only downside is that it is not very close to downtown Traverse City. Great place for business travelers. Ok for families. Best chain hotel in the Traverse area.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank schlitzen
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and kind words, I will share with our staff. This hotel is currently ranked in the top .02% of the Courtyard brand in Overall Guest Satisfaction. We hope you be be returning to Traverse City and our hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very nice room, the coverlet was white and pristine. Numerous pillows are on each bed and I quickly found which one I like to sleep on. Slept very well and I am used to a sleep number bed. For breakfast I had a large Starbucks coffee and two scrambled eggs for under 5 dollars.

Room Tip: There is a small pool on main floor and there were children enjoying it. In the room the desk had a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon D
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello and thanks for your recent stay at our Courtyard. Also thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of your guest room. Most of our housekeepers have been here for many years and take great pride in their work. Their efforts are why this hotel is currently ranked in the top .01% of the Courtyard brand in Over All Guest Satisfaction. We hope you will be returning to our hotel soon.

Bryan

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have to say, I am very impressed with the customer service at this location. I have stayed here for a total of 3 weeks this winter. A special shout out to Ashley who went above and beyond for me on my last visit. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my car was cleaned off (snow) it was a very nice touch by the gentleman shoveling the walkways in the morning.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracey C

Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad you had a chance to meet some of our employee service stars. As a result of their efforts and so many more this hotel is currently ranked #17 out of 880 other Courtyards in Over All Guest Satisfaction for year to date. We are committed to be #1 by the April. I hope you come stay with us again soon.

Bryan

Reviewed 14 February 2014

On a business trip to Traverse City for the first time and a hotel is most when you are on the road. This Courtyard Marriott was just the ticket, convient location, close to the airport even though I did not fly in, but close to where I needed to be for business. Stafff was pleasant and very helpful from the moment I entered the door. Room was good size, very comfortable king size bed. Had good hot breakfast in the morning, you can buy a breakfast package that makes it easy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I am happy to say that this is a very nice place to came to and relax or have fun . The hotel is very clean and nice it actually looks like it did on the computer I would definitely come again and recommend it to a friend the staff was very polite and friendly I love the location that is set in . A lot of restaurants and stores. P.s keep up the good work

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikkicar
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thanks for your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

pros: clean, well kept, highly recommend the suite
cons: small work out room, small pool, if you're going to build a pool, why not build one long enough to actually swim laps in
there is nothing to do in this town when the weather is bad (which is often), it would be nice to have a pool you could actually swim in
also, snippy staff in the restaurant and the food/beverages are extremely overpriced

Room Tip: highly recommend the suite if you're going to be there for a few days
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family