“Thanks for your honesty!”

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Waterford, Michigan
“Thanks for your honesty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

I'm a business traveler and I'm in a hotel every week. Last week I stayed at the Courtyard in Traverse City, MI. where I have stayed a number of times. It has recently been renovated and it is very nice. I checked out, leaving all of my jewelry in the room. Before I had even noticed that I didn't have any of the jewelry on, the front desk was calling me to let me know that they had found it. I can't tell you how grateful I am that the employees of this hotel are so honest. Thank you Courtyard for taking such great care of me. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lapeer, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

We had two Ipods stolen out of our room from inside our luggage while we were at a soccer tournament. The hotel staff was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic. It took a manager 2 days to call us back and at that time he never apologized for what happened nor helped in any way. The manager couldn't even get straight whether the items were phones or Ipods. This hotel clearly could have cared less what happened to us and made no attempt to help us. We even had to call and file a police report on our own because the front desk would not. The manager stated he would call me back and to this day I have never heard from him again. I would not recommend staying here. I will not stay with Mariott again unless I have no choice and I certainly wont leave anything in the room while I'm out!

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank cmwtabu
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Amazing hotel & awesome staff. The Bistro is FABULOUS!!!!

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Rooms are very clean and modern and have the latest in decor and technology (minus a new alarm clock and phone). According to the front desk agent, they were just completed in Fall of 2009 and they definitely feel new.

The bed is comfortable. Water pressure in shower is great with a brand new massaging showerhead and curved shower rod.

The lobby and common areas are also completely renovated with very modern yet retro looking furniture, very impressive. The new bistro/bar is very nice, with a walk-up counter where one can order breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. I had breakfast and it was pretty good actually. The service was a tad slow. The bistro seating area which is also part of the lobby is modern with lots of seating and a ton of flat panel tvs, computers, and a huge touchscreen computer that gives you any area information, news, weather, etc.

They removed the former closed off meeting room and expanded the lobby into this area with more funky/retro/modern seating, a tv and computer work area.

They even have a tiny market area next to the front desks that sells snacks and toiletries, very convenient.

I have to admit, I love this new Courtyard concept and am looking forward to all Courtyards shedding their old dull decor in exchange for the more hip and modern design. Makes it a lot more fun to stay at.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

I stayed here for a business visit in town. I arrived at the Traverse City airport and called the front desk for a shuttle. She said the hotel shuttle wasn't in operation but she would call for a cab & pay for the cab to transport me to the hotel. That's was great. It was a quick ten minute ride to the hotel. I was quickly checked-in even though I was early (10 am)...but it had been a long day at that point with an early flight! The room was very new looking, clean, bright and cheery. One of the walls was covered in a wallpaper that was pretty. The wifi worked well. Bathroom was clean. Sink was seperate from the toilet/shower. I used the pool and hot tub near the lobby. Both were clean. Pool and Hot Tub were the right temperature as well. It was great to be in the hot tub and look out at the snow falling. There was not much to eat around there except the Mexican restaurant La Senorita. It was good. Bed was comfortable with nice sheets. Breakfast buffet in the hotel was delicious and very reasonable. The buffet had so much and the service was wonderful. Overall, great stay!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

We were here for a wedding and stayed at the Courtyard. Always clean and newly remoddled. We love it

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

In a nutshell, this hotel is clean and safe, but I felt it was not as good in the value category as what I expected. I normally stay at Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses, and in many ways this was comparable. However, the towels were thin (they reminded me of those I got from the linen service in college) and of course, breakfast is not free as it is at the other places. I had to take this place at the last minute over Labor Day: if I had had more time I would have rather stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family