“Out-of-the-way, high quality establishment”

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Lots of pros - great breakfast at the lobby restaurant; egg & biscuit-type sandwiches, parfaits, scones, fruit, and Starbuck's coffee, which was huge bonus as I was dreading hotel-room coffee before arrival. Rooms were very clean, modern, comfortable bed, wireless internet a sinch, spacious, and quiet. Front desk staff was always a step ahead and made things easy. They also have an interactive giant touchscreen monitor in the lobby for checking flights, weather, news, etc. - though limited it was nonetheless impressive, but perhaps this is a standard thing at Marriott hotels I just wasn't aware of.

Cons - No refrigerators, which was really a minor thing. Location, though only 10-15 minute drive s from downtown Traverse City, is still on the edge of town and a little bit inconvenient.

Overall a great stay and welcome site to return to after being in meetings all day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed here randomly visiting family and I found this to be one of the nicest rooms and hotels ever. I love the 1st floor with my very own patio door and a lovely walk out onto a beautiful landscaped yard. The pool and hot tub are nice. The fitness room more than needed. A lovely seating lounge in the lobby with plenty of room and relaxing with a tv and computer for use. Fun!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We have stayed at the Courtyard Mariott in both Chicago and Charlotte before and liked knowing it would be similar. The room was consistent with the others, updated recently with modern decor. The lobby is particularly nice for planning out your next day's events with the free wifi. The front desk staff was super friendly and the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. Even if they were cleaning around our room and we were getting a late start (around 11 am), by the time we came back that evening, our room had been refreshed. The only small problem was that at one point, there were people staying above us that sounded like elephants running back and forth. This happened a few times for 2 consecutive days and happened at the strangest times. We did contact the front desk to see if they knew of something above us and they politely said they would look into this. The noises seemed less frequent after that, but it just might be poor soundproofing. We were perplexed because it sounded like running, not typical walking around, which would have been more understandable. Really, this didn't ruin our stay, though, because we were able to sleep through it. If we had the tv on, we barely heard the noise. Overall, a nice stay. It is located about 8 min. from downtown TC and we thought it was a great location. It's close to The Village, about 4 min. away. They serve breakfast downstairs for a fee and there are lots of chain restaurants around, but I recommend going to the many wonderful restaurants in downtown TC. Lots of great breakfast, lunch and dinner options.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Quick check-in, attentive professional staff, up-to-date, modern clean rooms. Can't ask for more as a business traveler. The suites (although limited number available) are the best deal and allow ample space for relaxation and work. Extremely convenient to the airport, any shopping you can imagine or need, and close by the lake and all the beauty Northern MI has to offer. I have stayed her numerous times on business (by choice) rather than hotels along the lake that are not as well-kept. Even at the end of a demanding day, I feel as if I am on vacation when I come back to my room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This hotel provided the best surprise of our vacation as the location was very quit with nicely decorated rooms and an overall wonderful atmosphere. Having a room facing the back was great as there was a little stream behind the hotel with woods that made the view pleasant. The staff was incredibly nice to us and we liked our room and the overall experience at this hotel. The indoor pool and hot tub were inviting but we had to do laundry that night in the hotel guest laundry. The breakfast staff was on the ditzy side as they seemed easily confused but that was the only negative of this stay. Traverse City is amazing and we'd return again given the opportunity. A big plus was the minor league baseball game as the stadium is really nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2010

This Courtyard has been recently renovated.. and it shows. The rooms are well done, the beds are very comfy and the lobby was spacious and usable. The staff was totally helpful from front desk staff to housekeeping.

I would definitely stay there again when my travel takes me to Traverse City.

One suggestion: If you like to keep your windows open, I would suggest getting a room in the back of the hotel, the road noise (only if you have the windows open) can be annoying... again this is only if you open the large sliding door (which I loved!).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I'm a business traveler and I'm in a hotel every week. Last week I stayed at the Courtyard in Traverse City, MI. where I have stayed a number of times. It has recently been renovated and it is very nice. I checked out, leaving all of my jewelry in the room. Before I had even noticed that I didn't have any of the jewelry on, the front desk was calling me to let me know that they had found it. I can't tell you how grateful I am that the employees of this hotel are so honest. Thank you Courtyard for taking such great care of me. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business