“Good Stay for Overnight Visit to Traverse City”

Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
“Good Stay for Overnight Visit to Traverse City”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This Location is quite good for an overnight visit to a thriving resort town on one of the beautiful bays on Lake Michigan. For the price/point of this property, all was in good order. Clean, spacious room with more than enough amenities to satisfy the short-stay traveler. Breakfast is adequate with coffee, assorted breads and biscuits, yogurt and cereals. For those who have complained of the breakfast...I believe they are asking way to much for this type of property at this price. I would return for an overnight stay. Stay on the second floor to avoid the outdoor smokers. MOST OF ALL, don't look for luxuries. This is not a luxurious 5 star hotel. Be prepared to accept what you are paying for. Comfort. A good nights' sleep. An adequate breakfast. Free parking. Good location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fennville, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The woman at the check in desk was seemingly kind and helpful. Checked in efficiently and with the price posted online. Went to enter the room given - and was hit by a 'wall of tobacco smoke'. I suffer from a lung disorder and was told the rooms were non-smoking. Walked back to the desk and informed the same woman of the problem, and her attitude changed. Said there should not be smoking in the rooms ( as if it was my fault) and changed me to another room number quickly. Noted that the room was across from a laundry area, but hoped this would not be a problem. Found out Early the next morning that the staff likes to leave the door open, roll carts out into the hall and leave them there, and talk and visit out in the hall. No sleeping in on the last night of my trip! Also the breakfast selection was cheap and just sad.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank r c

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I can overlook a dated hotel. I understand the old style tube TV is still working. Sometimes water marks will appear in the ceiling, and wallpaper will start to peel. Sometimes the coffee in the lobby will be cold in the morning.
But come on guys, hotel 101 says make sure the bathtub is clean. The bathtub had two different types of hair stuck to the tub wall.
I paid a little extra to stay at a Baymont, and this is what I get???

Room Tip: Check the cleanness of the bathroom when first entering the room, so that you can change the room if...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HikeTheUSA
michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I don't have exceptionally high standards and generally am willing to overlook minor inconveniences when staying in bargain hotels. However a three day stay here was a comedy of small errors and miscues which means I will probably never stay in a Baymont again. Housekeeping was substandard--garbage out, beds made, but not a lot more. I had writing on the desk that I noticed on day two--not mine. Apparently it is easier to put the guest service directory over it than to clean it!

The "complimentary" breakfast was awful. One morning there was NO fruit unless you count Fruit Loops and forget yogurt or even real butter for toast. The hostess even provided directions to other travelers as to where to get a good breakfast!

While trying to call the support line for internet troubleshooting (yes, there were problems with that!) my phone would not dial properly and I was connected to the area 911. After assuring the dispatcher I was fine, just using a faulty phone, I called internet "support" on my mobile and after following the prompts I was directed to contact the front desk which I already did! Grrr!

Overall this older property needs not only an update in facade and decor, but an update on customer service and attention to detail. This was a tired hotel that if it doesn't pick up and provide quality will be retired!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank holly623
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stay here frequently because we like the quality of the hotel and location. Our only disappointment was that the hot tub was still not working.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Barbara E,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am glad you are continually enjoying your stays with us. We are working hard to get the spa fixed and hope that is up and running on your next visit. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are grateful for your loyalty. See you next time.

Bob Hermann
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I arrived late - and was suprised to see a line at the front desk. The clerk(3rd shift guy) seemed frazzled, but was doing all he could to be friendly and deal with the angry people in line.

Apparently the cleaning staff for this hotel failed to clean the rooms. The lady in front of me was on their 3rd room ... the one that she came down from - was trashed she said.

Holding my breath I checked in and went to my room. The bed was made, appeared to have clean sheets, and was neat, however, the bathroom was not. The sink, mirror , and tub were dirty. (Picture a 3" ring in the tub). I got supplies from the front desk to clean the bathroom and did it myself.

I don't think I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There are lots of hotels in the Traverse City Area. I would pick something else.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie Y
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Annie Y,

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that your bathroom was below standards. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. I hope that you’ll stay with us on your next visit so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at (231) 933-4454.

Bob Hermann, General Manager
Northwest Michigan
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here 2 separate nights during the same week. Very dear friend was in hospital diagnosed with inoperative cancerous brain tumor. His wife and I was staying in the area which is 65 miles from home. This motel/hotel extended a discount to us including Black Friday night to allow us to stay in the area. Rooms were clean, comfortable and beds were a very welcomed comfort. Shower pressure was good and rooms had microwave and fridge which allowed us to save some money on groceries vs fast food. Will stay here again if in the area again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends