“Home away from Home”

The Beach Condominiums Hotel - Resort
Traverse City, Michigan
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I are moving to the Grand Traverse City, and Had to make some quick decisions, Looking for a apartment while starting a new job in the middle of winter was something we did not look forward to. When we discovered The Beach Condos, did monthly rentals we found our saving grace, The staff, everyone of them has gone above and beyond to be helpful to us, easing our move to new town greatly, Now having housekeeping during our stay seems odd, but I so look forward to every time I get to see the housekeepers, they have all been so friendly to us, When we first arrived I took notice to the cleanliness of the rooms,( being a former housekeeper myself I know what to look for) The rooms are very clean. and are cleaned in a very professional manner. We would like to personally thank the entire staff at The Beach Condos for all their hospitality.

Room Tip: Have the staff show you each room that is available, so that you can choose for yourself, they will...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kristen H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms to share with friends who were celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. We have stayed here many times in the past and have always had an enjoyable experience. (Thank you, owners of room 324.) This time was VERY disappointing! Our friends' room, (325), was VERY outdated. Old carpeting, rusty air vents, old furniture, beat up tables and a pink countertop. Our room, (329), was updated and nicely appointed, but we had NO Dish TV service for the first 24 hours as our box was defective, as we later discovered. We also opened a hall closet to find it unusable as the bedroom closet door was being store in there. We were very embarrassed as we had taken the lead on booking from past visits. Our friends had a nice view but a terrible room. The staff did all they could to fix our issues with the Dish service the second day, but offered no compensation for our trouble. We probably won't return as there are many choices in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Philip P

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here twice. The first time in May 2013. We just returned this September. There is a Sunday thru Thurs special for both months we took advantage of. Cleanliness is something I've never assumed will be a priority no matter where I stay so I always bring Clorox wipes and Mr. clean. And an extra roll of TP ( you never know if housekeeping will be available in an emergency).Smoking/ odors are an issue for me also so I take bottle of febreeze with me. Lots of places the employees smoke and usually near enough to the rooms so you smell it. With asthma, I take precautions as best I can as people can still be rude about this .In May the pool was not yet open, but this September they were sandblasting the empty swimming pool surface almost the entire week we were there. I don't know if this is an annual event, but it was very noisy and messy and it smelled bad. I took my inhaler with me all the time as I was afraid my lungs would not tolerate all the dust. They should have notified us as soon as they knew this was going to be happening, so we could stay elsewhere. I doubt we will stay here in September again . It is unacceptable for a place not to let you know this is happening in advance. As another reviewer noted the bedroom faces I 31 so traffic noise kept me awake at night. Sandblasting in the day. Worst part of my vacation. I liked having a whirlpool tub as a second place to wash up, but would not use the whirlpool. I have serious concerns about most places doing anything about keeping the jets clean, and hope it is ok for a quick splash/rinse bath

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd( top floor) both times. In May the room we picked was not the room we received...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane B
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here for years when visiting traverse city. This year the rooms were dirty and pool closed without notification. There were several people in our group. At least one had to switch rooms because of cleanliness. These rooms are very expensive and for a premium price we expected better conditions. Manager called upset because one of our rooms cancelled well within stayed policies. We won't be staying here again. It's very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank Creativebrig
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Positives... The price is fair, the view is awesome and location great! Negatives...bring your cleaning products...the maids are less than desirable. On our last day the maids never showed up. I went to the front desk which is outdated and they were stingy on towels...I got one towel and 1 coffee and 1 roll of toilet tissue. Also being its on the water our living room had about 200 knats on the ceiling....my kids freaked out. Otherwise it's a nice place.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Karenlmiller
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The view from the deck of the condo was great...but, that is about all that was great about the place. The deadbolt lock on the front door was jammed when we tried to get out the first morning. Drawers literally fall out of the meager dressers. The appliances are all very low end devices. The "free wireless wi-fi" only worked if you were sitting on the edge of the bed facing the office. Our friends had to deal with smokers on the deck below them and being told by the management that there was nothing that could be done...despite the fact that they advertise smoke-free facility. We used the in-room jacuzzi one evening and were disgusted by the soap scum coming from the pipes. This is NOT a place that we would recommend or ever rent again.

Room Tip: Avoid staying here!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gene341
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spacious, well designed floor plan. Kitchen was well equipped. All rooms face the water. Bed and linens were comfortable. I really appreciated having a washer and dryer in the unit. Also appreciated the beach cabanas. On the negative side, the property is not being well maintained. Slats were missing from vertical blinds, crank handles were broken off casement windows, wands were missing to close horizontal blinds, and dresser drawers falling apart, almost crashed onto my foot. One day the dead bolt would not turn and we could not get out of our unit until housekeeping opened the door connecting the adjoining unit.

• Stayed August 2013