“disappointment”

The Beach Condominiums Hotel - Resort
Detroit, Michigan
“disappointment”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in room 330 and lets say I won't go back i have a very hyper son and when he went to get out of the bed his foot got stuck in an already ripped bed skirt and tripped hitting his head on the wall. I found glass in the closet, also seeing the way the supervisor treated her housekeepers was sad i could hear her talking about other housekeepers. The lady's behind the front desk were amazing though the guy that works there i felt was rude. The deck was not cleaned i found bird poop all over the deck furniture my son tried to sit on that. i tried to use the pull out for my daughter and there was sand all over it along with some smarties. There was also still food in the refrigerator. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and felt at home this time i felt as if i was imposing and was a bother. I will not be coming back and am sorry to say so because i really enjoyed it in the past.

Room Tip: check everything first bed sheets and anything you may need or use
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank cindyjo78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Joseph, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband found the Beach Condos in a library phone book back in the 80s and we have stayed there many times in the past 25 years and never been disappointed. The location is perfect and the view is amazing. We drove into town on June 1 and got a room without a prior reservation and spent two nights at the Beach in room 329. See my separate review of that room. On June 5 as we were returning home we spent one more night at the Beach Condos in room 321. This room is on the opposite side of the building as our previous room had been. It was a lovely unit with a real “beach house” feel from the art work and the blue decor. The quilt on the bed made for a very comfy night and I'm not sure when I last remember sleeping so well. Being in the end unit you have more windows which was interesting. It makes the unit so much brighter, especially the kitchen. The kitchen countertops had been upgraded and were very nice. The only negative in 321 was the sofa was way beyond uncomfortable and needs to be replaced. There was ceramic flooring in the entry, and wood flooring down the hall into the kitchen and nice carpet in the bedroom, and living room. The Wi-Fi was a wonderful feature for the Beach to offer. They do need to clean the elevator flooring and the plates outside of the door on each floor and do some other maintenance, but we LOVE the Beach Condos and we WILL be back.

Room Tip: Third floor has great views and you don't have people above you. Rooms in the middle of the buil...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have stayed at The Beach many times in recent years, and the property is steadily going down hill. Carpets in most rooms we stayed in were filthy, house keeping was spotty, some days they didn't show up at all, and some rooms only offer one double bed in the bedroom. Wi Fi is almost non-existent. There are so many rental boats and docks in the water in front of the property, it makes it difficult to find a clear path for swimming. I recently cancelled a summer reservation for this year, in January, and they charged us a $55 cancellation fee even though it was six months in advance. We are through staying at The Beach Hotel/Condo in Traverse City. Stay away!

Room Tip: If you don't stay on the top floor, you can hear every movement in the room above you.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Kathy H

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I are moving to the Grand Traverse City, and Had to make some quick decisions, Looking for a apartment while starting a new job in the middle of winter was something we did not look forward to. When we discovered The Beach Condos, did monthly rentals we found our saving grace, The staff, everyone of them has gone above and beyond to be helpful to us, easing our move to new town greatly, Now having housekeeping during our stay seems odd, but I so look forward to every time I get to see the housekeepers, they have all been so friendly to us, When we first arrived I took notice to the cleanliness of the rooms,( being a former housekeeper myself I know what to look for) The rooms are very clean. and are cleaned in a very professional manner. We would like to personally thank the entire staff at The Beach Condos for all their hospitality.

Room Tip: Have the staff show you each room that is available, so that you can choose for yourself, they will...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kristen H
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms to share with friends who were celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. We have stayed here many times in the past and have always had an enjoyable experience. (Thank you, owners of room 324.) This time was VERY disappointing! Our friends' room, (325), was VERY outdated. Old carpeting, rusty air vents, old furniture, beat up tables and a pink countertop. Our room, (329), was updated and nicely appointed, but we had NO Dish TV service for the first 24 hours as our box was defective, as we later discovered. We also opened a hall closet to find it unusable as the bedroom closet door was being store in there. We were very embarrassed as we had taken the lead on booking from past visits. Our friends had a nice view but a terrible room. The staff did all they could to fix our issues with the Dish service the second day, but offered no compensation for our trouble. We probably won't return as there are many choices in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Philip P
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here twice. The first time in May 2013. We just returned this September. There is a Sunday thru Thurs special for both months we took advantage of. Cleanliness is something I've never assumed will be a priority no matter where I stay so I always bring Clorox wipes and Mr. clean. And an extra roll of TP ( you never know if housekeeping will be available in an emergency).Smoking/ odors are an issue for me also so I take bottle of febreeze with me. Lots of places the employees smoke and usually near enough to the rooms so you smell it. With asthma, I take precautions as best I can as people can still be rude about this .In May the pool was not yet open, but this September they were sandblasting the empty swimming pool surface almost the entire week we were there. I don't know if this is an annual event, but it was very noisy and messy and it smelled bad. I took my inhaler with me all the time as I was afraid my lungs would not tolerate all the dust. They should have notified us as soon as they knew this was going to be happening, so we could stay elsewhere. I doubt we will stay here in September again . It is unacceptable for a place not to let you know this is happening in advance. As another reviewer noted the bedroom faces I 31 so traffic noise kept me awake at night. Sandblasting in the day. Worst part of my vacation. I liked having a whirlpool tub as a second place to wash up, but would not use the whirlpool. I have serious concerns about most places doing anything about keeping the jets clean, and hope it is ok for a quick splash/rinse bath

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd( top floor) both times. In May the room we picked was not the room we received...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane B
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here for years when visiting traverse city. This year the rooms were dirty and pool closed without notification. There were several people in our group. At least one had to switch rooms because of cleanliness. These rooms are very expensive and for a premium price we expected better conditions. Manager called upset because one of our rooms cancelled well within stayed policies. We won't be staying here again. It's very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013