“2 Lads Winery: architecture, wine and ambiance worth a visit”
Review of 2 Lads Winery

2 Lads Winery
Ranked #14 of 116 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: 2 Lads Winery is a small production facility located on Old Mission Peninsula in Traverse City, Michigan. We currently have 23 acres of established vineyards. We specialize in cool climate dry red and sparkling wines and have small runs of white wines to round out the lot. Sustainably farming our land is paramount to the health of our soil, vines and grapes at 2 Lads Winery. Come taste the difference.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Although I have been spending summers in northern Michigan all my life, I finally ventured to Old Mission Peninsula two years ago to visit some wineries. My first stop was 2 Lads Winery, the new kid on the block, and I was so overwhelmed by the place that I did not get to any other wineries that day. I am not a wine connoisseur, but I have been to wineries in Napa and Sonoma numerous times, so know my way around grape vines. I think that 2 Lads Winery is worth a visit for the great views of Grand Traverse Bay alone. The sleek, contemporary architecture is delightful, and the staff are super friendly. On my first visit, I decided to join their wine club, committing to buying two 6-bottle shipments per year at a nice discount. Club membership meant that I could get free wine tastings and side dishes, among other perks. Speaking of wine, 2 Lads Winery considers itself a craft winemaker, focusing on making small amounts of high quality wine. Old Mission Peninsula is known for Riesling, but 2 Lads has also delved into red wines, and makes some great Pinot and Cabernet Franc. I didn't know that Michigan wines could be so good. If you join the wine club, you can also reserve in advance to go on a winery tour, which I did, and found it really worthwhile. This is not really a place for children, so leave the kiddies at home and enjoy a beautiful day in Michigan wine country,

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

2 Lads is located on a hill overlooking the east bay on Old Mission Peninsula.
The winery is a wonderful, contemporary structure. We were able to taste 6 wines for $5. The wines were wonderful. They had a variety of Rieslings, and they were excellent. If you make a purchase... your money is returned.
We found this to be a wonderful tasting experience! One of the nicest wineries in the area!!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went here after we got married and loved it. We both loved all their wine and normally my husband and I have a hard time agreeing on the same wine. There was not one we didn't like. So we became wine members.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A more modern atmosphere here, but the view out of the very large window while doing your tasting, is just gorgeous. The staff here was wonderfully fun and knowledgable. I recommend a stop here!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

During our Fall Visit to Traverse City; we always make a stop at 2-Lads to enjoy the sampling as well as the staff. My wife and I have followed 2-Lads from the day they opened and continue to enjoy their wine each year. We did get a tour with Erika along with lot's of great information on the history...sure is fun learning more about the work that takes place to make all the different wine selections. Sure makes you appreciate every sip the next time.

One of my favorites has to be the 2007-Cab_Franc as you can see in my picture; I opened the last bottle in my collection this past summer and it was FANTASTIC to say the least. I didn't want to open it, but you can't enjoy a nice wine unless you taste each and every sip.

Stop in during your next visit and hope you enjoy the flavors of Old Mission / 2-Lads...!