We stayed at the Sugar Beach for a weekend in March. Seeing as it was March and an extremely cold weekend, we did not use the beach. We had just spent a couple days at Avalance Bay so our boys were not interested in a normal swimming pool. We chose the Sugar Beach because my husband and I had stayed there when we first started dating (10 years ago) and really enjoyed it.
When we made our reservation the staff was very friendly and accomodating with the number of questions I asked. We are traveling with a 1 1/2 year old and almost 3 year old. I changed the reservation more than once and did not have any problems at all.
The room looked OK and was clean. However it was on the first floor facing the beach and smelled extremely musty. My husband has severe mold allergies so that is something we try to avoid. Based on that smell alone I don't think we will be going back to the Sugar Beach again.
Many people rave about the Waffles at the continental breakfast. They are OK but really it is one poor girl with 2 waffle makers trying to make breakfast for a room full of people. Having something hot is a nice touch but it doesn't allow people to get in and out quickly if they have to wait in the line. After the first morning we opted to get breakfast elsewhere.
In reality all we needed was a place to sleep. We had lots of other activities planned so we knew we wouldn't be in the hotel much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300' of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. Included in every guest room is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and personal safe. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City