Red Roof Inn Traverse City
Knights Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
US$132
US$126
US$63
US$60
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$105
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$134
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$131
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$53
Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
All reviewsnice place to sleepeconomy hotelpool roomaffordable hotelpet friendly hotelcoffee makerfollowing morningstay there againshort stayice machineclean roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulfridge and microwavetesspetstctraverse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Well we just checked in after a long drive and completely exhausted. The first thing that hit us when we opened the door was the incredible smell of wet dog or something... The dog hair on the sheets was pretty disgusting and made me wonder if they were even washed. The urine on the floor by the toilet was a nice touch too. We asked for a new room but since there are soccer tournaments all weekend the hotel was fully checked in. I just got back from Vegas and my son has to be up at 6am for a game so we just kept the room.

I was shocked since some of the reviews rated it high. This is the nastiest room I have ever stayed in since college. It is also the poorest rating I have ever given a hotel and I travel quite a bit. I shall avoid Motel 6 locations in the future. If you do stay here bring ear plugs, the walls are paper thin.

2  Thank Crazyjack555
Motel6, Owner at Red Roof Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear crazyjack555,
We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Clean rooms and pet friendly with no dog smell. Would stay again. Not much amenities but all we wanted to do is spend the nite. Close to town. Staff very pleasant. A good deal for the price when you look around here and see the prices.

1  Thank tiahrt
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This location of Motel 6 is cleanand modern. Staff were friendly. Prices were very reasonable with seniors' rates. Dogs were free and welcome. Easy parking, great TV cable service, free coffee in lobby all the time, close to restaurants. What more could anyone want?

1  Thank dhpark2016
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We originally wanted to be on the beach right in the heart of TC however, since that added an addition $150 to almost every other hotel we ended up at this Motel 6. Granted, it is beach adjacent and a little off the main drag but it was still very nice. The bed and linens were comfy and clean. I’m also am a little paranoid so I double checked both of the mattresses in the room and the sheets, both of which were clear of bed bugs. The mattresses looked nice and new but, the mattress pad looked a little worn. I think if this hotel could afford a remodel it would be amazing. The rooms were a nice bright color but, the bathroom was a little lacking. It got a little noisy in the hallway during the night but, it settled down quick enough but, the security door near room 106 didn’t seem that secure. The outlet cover underneath the bedside table was missing a cover, I know this would be easy to miss by housekeeping but it seems like a pretty easy and necessary fix. The man working the night shift when we arrived was very nice and knowledgeable about where to eat and what to do, he even helped open my bottle of wine :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Grand Traverse Bay at Traverse City, Michigan is Busy and Very Pricey this time of year. Many resort hotels and chains up and down the street. I paid double what I have ever paid for a Motel 6 before and I must say it was worth it because I have never stayed at a Motel 6 where the room was this nice.

The outside of the building and the small lobby were just okay but our room was large, well decorated and clean. The bathroom was brand new. The wi-fi worked well. We did not use the pool.

We would definitely stay there again with a competitive seasonal rate.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and a window that opened. We left the air off and the window open and it felt great. Depends on the season of course. :- )
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple