“Spring break 2012 get-away”
Review of Parkshore Resort

Parkshore Resort
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Spring break 2012 get-away”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Room are nice and clean, TVs old! Some maintenance issues in rooms. Tub drain broke in jaccuzi. Certificate for pool outdated. But pool was extremely nice.
Biggest down fall was on site restaurant. 50% menu crossed out. They advertise on their sign, best chicken wings. Who decided that? We had to laugh, Wings where not that good. Although they were on the menu.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My extended family and I (5 families) have been going to Traverse City every year for the last 20 years. We have ALL been staying at the Parkshore for the last 10 years or so, but last year was THE LAST time I will ever be staying there again! We were able to put up with the 20 year old lumpy mattresses and pillows, the hotel taking away the continental breakfast, the crappy heater/ac unit, the old tube tv's, lack of parking, and the loud-rude people from the bar running around the hotel...but last year my wife was in our room breast feeding our 6 month old son, with the do not disturb sign on the door (but unlocked so I could get in), when she heard someone approach the door talking on a phone who didn't sound like me. She assumed they might be going into the room next door, but she made her way over to the door to lock it just in case. Before she could get to the door, it gets thrown open by the front desk manager (Brian--who is a mean man on a good day) who NEVER knocked or announced himself coming in (maybe because he was too busy talking on his cell). He just looks at my wife's breasts and mumbles something about how the room is suppose to be empty and runs out. My wife comes down to the beach all hysterical to find me and tell me what happened. When I go to find the guy at the front desk he is in obvious hiding, and I'm told "is busy". I ask to speak to the owner (Fawn) who's sitting in her office in the back. I tell her the whole story and tell her all I want is for him to come apologize to my wife. She tells me all matter-of-fact that is not the story Brian told her, and that he said he announced his entry. I asked her if she were in the middle of breast feeding and someone at a hotel announced they were coming in if she would have said "sure, come on in" and all she did was stare at me. She does nothing, not even offering an apology. In fact, for the rest of our stay (I tried switching hotels but they were all full) neither Brian or Fawn EVER apologized for the incident. Fawn blew off the whole incident and didn't do a thing about it, and Brian would turn and run when he saw me coming. DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, they're all bad rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Bob D

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My daughter and I went up to Traverse City for a Daddy/Daughter weekend of skiing and shopping. We stayed at Parkshore and found the accommodations wonderful and the staff very friendly. Slept great after skiing, and swimming in the pool. We also had pizza in the restaurant and enjoyed it greatly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other families looking to go up north.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle R
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I had my wedding and reception there last year. Both of the owners made sure that everything was perfect! We also had 90% of our guest staying there which made it very convient for everyone!

If are planning on getting married anytime soon I highly recommend it there, not one complaint from me!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Mariahjane99
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Parkshore Resort is such a good RESORT to stay in! It has always been my family's first choice when visiting the Traverse City area. I am always open to try new places, but my children and husband always insist on staying at the Parkshore Resort. I have to admit, it is my favorite as well and it is perfectly fine with me when my family chooses to stay at the Parkshore each vacation. I love the fact that is it locally owned and operated. I have met one of the owners numerous times during my stays and he is always catering to everyones needs. I appreciate the fact that it is in his best interest to make sure our vacation is the best that it can possibly be! The staff in the hotel and lounge also follow the owner's leads by insuring quality service. Everyone is so welcoming and they are all the reason we have such wonderful family vacations. I have noticed that the Parkshore Resort now offers an exquisite beach location for weddings. If I were not already married, I would definitely consider a wedding on the beach and a reception that overlooks the bay. This is a five star resort and I have sent many of my friends to stay at the Parkshore and they have all loved it! It is the perfect place to stay and make quality family memories that will last a LIFETIME!

Room Tip: They are all nice, but my family really likes the Family Suites! Lots of room for the entire family.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda M
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 January 2012

A couple of my girlfriends and I went up to Traverse City during the holidays for a nice weekend getaway. We were welcomed to the Parkshore as if we were staying in our own homes. The service was spectacular all of the staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. We reserved a water front room, for a very resonable price, and loved seeing the water when we woke up in the mornings. The staff was so nice as to get us two joint rooms so we could easily switch between rooms! The breakfast buffet was also a perfect meal to wake up to, also a very reasonable price! I have to stay that the highlight of our trip was hanging out in the Parkshore Lounge at night. It offered such great entertainment and food service. I ordered a lobster tail, which is definitely something that I would recommend to others! After having dinner and a few cocktails, my girlfriends and I hit the dance floor!! Such a great time dancing the night away in a beautiful city like Traverse City. We had the BEST weekend and we have already scheduled 2 more rooms at the Parkshore Resort for this upcoming summer! We cannot wait to see what else the Parkshore has in store for us for our future visit!! This was a WONDERFUL place to stay and I would DEFINITELY recommend the PARKSHORE RESORT to everyone of all ages! Thank you for an amazing stay and vacation!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are definitely the best choice! Beautiful!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at the Parkshore Resort over the New Years holiday weekend because I was visiting friends in the area. I am very familiar with the Traverse City area, and knew when I booked the resort, that it was on the water, not terribly close to downtown, but close enough for my purposes, and with that in mind, booked the room on a "deal" for 79.00. We were able to check in around 3pm, and found the room acceptably clean, though I noticed the bottom of the shower curtain was dirty...and I am something of a fanatic when it comes to cleanliness in the bathroom. We asked for a Non smoking KING room, and that's what we got...and with a water view...however, during a snowstorm, there is not much of a view! No breakfast was included, though we did get coffee in the morning free. Our room also had a sofa and small balcony. It was quiet enough for a sunday evening, and completely served my purposes for the money. I would not, however, stay here again for a higher price. It wasn't worth more than $80.00.

Room Tip: If you are staying here during the summer or fall, a room with the water view is nice. You will get...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple