“Park shore resort”
Review of Parkshore Resort

Parkshore Resort
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our room had been redecorated and was very nice. Location at end of hall was not a partial view room as Advertised. Canopy blocked any view there was. Balcony was way to noisy to Sit on with party on patio and traffic noise. Good air conditioner. Beach was well kept. Another stay would find us in bay front room. We missed the continental breakfast that was offered previously. Nice to have coffee and tea in lobby. The price was right!

Room Tip: Our room was suppose to be partial view of bay but due to large canopy by our room we could see noth...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Beach - We found the beach to be very nice on our arrival, but we noticed an issue as we went through each day. Numerous Boats & PWCs were anchoring right in the swimming area.

To be clear, these were NOT the rental boats available on site, these were private vehicles that had simply moored in the swimming area. At one point during our stay 6 boats were all anchored within 25 yards of the beach. Imagine trying to swim on a small private beach and having to navigate around 6 boats along with their anchors, lines, & buoys!

Laying out a couple of swimming buoys would go a long way to helping out the situation.

Rooms - The amenities listed are all provided and the mini-fridges are excellent for drinks and food. The view from our beachfront room was spectacular.

The room was clean and surprisingly quiet when the balcony door was shut. The carpet was a bit dirty, but that seems to be the case with nearly all beach hotels.

The WiFi was a bit spotty but they also provide a wired connection via ethernet for your PC.

Food - The onsite lounge had some very nice drink specials and the food was very good. The problem in the lounge was the wait for food on both occasions we visited was VERY long. Over 45 minutes each time.

On the other hand the entire menu was available for Room Service and the night we ordered to the room the wait was only 10 minutes??? Pleasant surprise.

Rating Good - Overall I would rate the hotel 'Good' but tripadvisor says 'Average' or 'Very Good', so I went with Average.

I will probably return and see if the beach situation was an anomaly. Otherwise a very nice property that has one of the best locations in TC.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 1st floor across from the elevators and lounge area, seemed rather noisy and lots...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times , right on the water , has a great little bar . The rooms and the hallways need to be updated !!!! carpet in room and hall was old and dirty . Room and bathroom /tub , chairs in room , phone all looked somewhat dirty . Might just be a housekeeping issue ... With such a beautiful view , it has so much potential ......

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Parkshore Resort a few weeks ago and it was a wonderful trip. The Parkshore Resort was very accomidating to all of our needs and we will definitely be back! The rooms very in fair condition and the breakfast was very resonable. Traverse City has always been a favorite of mine and I am so glad that I finally got to take my girlfriend. She really enjoyed our stay as well. Hoping to make a trip back to the Parkshore this summer and rent some jet skis while soaking in the sun!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I always stay at the Parkshore when we're in Traverse City, all the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. I don't recall ever having need of anything, they anticipate your needs and recommend fun things to do in the area also. Their beach is always well groomed as well as the pool and their lounge had live Dj's and just an overall fun atmosphere, not to mention awesome food! We were so surprised to find ALL of our favorites on their menu. I highly recommend this great place w/ no hesitation. Cant wait til this summer to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I absolutely cannot express how wonderful my stay was at the Parkshore
Resort! I was up visiting a friend about 2 months ago and she
recommended that I stay at the Parkshore. (now I see why!) My room was
the perfect size and I loved interacting with all of the pleasant
staff members. They were all willing to accommodate to my needs while
I was at the hotel. My friend and I spent a few nights just hanging
out in the Parkshore Lounge, and those were definitely nights for the
record book! We had wonderful drinks, food, and service!! And to top
it all off, watching the sunset from my beachfront balcony every
morning was the perfect start to each day! Traverse City is such a
wonderful town and I think it is very important for people to
acknowledge a quality place for tourists to stay. I 100% recommend
the Parkshore Resort for any individual or family. I am convinced
that it will meet all of your expectations, because it sure blew my
expectations out of the water! Thank you Parkshore Resort for a
wonderful stay and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Wonderful, Great, Fantastic! These are just a few words that come to my mind when talking about the Parkshore Resort! The rooms are very nice along with the excellent food that they serve in the lounge. The beach is well manicured and organized every day, no exceptions. They also offer most any water activity you or members of your family would want. No need to go anywhere else. Definitely one of the best in Traverse City!!!!

Room Tip: I love the rooms on the first floor with the beach right there.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends