“BAD ATTITUDES”
Review of Parkshore Resort

Parkshore Resort
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 6 October 2010

HELLO,,,,,anyone thinking about staying at the Parkshore Resort in Traverse City....make sure you bring a hand book to customer service for the " ladies at the front desk".......Poor attitudes.....We have stayed there twice in August 2010.......the front desk staff have a real customer service issue.....real chip on thier shoulders....real attitude.....parking to say the least is disgusting....they have a bar in the hotel....and if you are a guest at the hotel, there is no designated Guest Parking....so if the spaces are taken up...your out of luck...i have had to park in front of the hotel several times, ....i finally gave up in trying to locate a spot and was now parking in front period......i was asked to move my vehicle only to tell the front desk that thier is no parking available...they would reply....try to move it later on.......Well...I am not going to start monitoring parking spaces avail....when i arrive back after shopping or whatever , i am not thinking about where i am going to park when i get to the hotel that i am paying for....,,,,bottom line...the rooms are ok...but the service is just disgusting......go stay at the Sugar Beach or Grand Beach just a block away...same prices...but the service and the rooms are amazing........

6  Thank sooboy1963
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

On the guests first visit we had a function going on at the Resort. We saved parking spots in the front of our building for our guests to park. When the guest was asked to move his vehicle politely on his second visit due to the fact that a bus was coming to unload guest staying at the Resort. We needed the space which is next to our front entrance to allow the bus tour guests to pickup their luggage. The parking lot had plenty of parking spaces when the guest was asked to move his vehicle.

There are newer reviews for Parkshore Resort

Reviewed 21 August 2010

We booked thru orbitz & got a great deal ($100) considering it is on the east bay. A continental breakfast & then some, my husband was tickled they had belgian waffles & biscuits & gravy. We were on the top floor facing the bay with a king bed & sofa, in rm coffee, fridge, safe. No problems with anything although the room smelled a little musty at first, but since the weather cooperated we just opened the patio door to the balcony & enjoyed the breeze.Definitely will stay again & will recommend it. Groomed beach best on the bay.

1  Thank katie49
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Impressed from the moment we checked in - room was clean, inviting, tastefully done, and the patio view; Perfect ! Though we had planned an afternoon outing we quickly decided we'd rather just stay and enjoy all The Parkshore has to offer. No shortage of beach chairs here ! The entire staff couldn't have been better - always quick with a smile and a suggestion to make our stay even better. The small, friendly, pub-style restaurant is a hidden gem with an impressive and extensive menu, knowledgeable & professional wait-staff, and chefs you would expect to only find in a much larger city resort - our meals were awesome ! We're looking forward to returning.

3  Thank ILNtig
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Thank You for your review. We are glad we that your stay was a memorable one. Management and staff takes great pride in service and cleanliness. Our amentities far exceed our competition. Looking found to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were able to check in early (thankfully) as we were attending a wedding there in one hour. The staff was nice. Our room was on the first floor- a nice balcony with a poorly performing sliding screen door. The view of the Grand Traverse Bay was nice. There were lots of families with children who thought it was fun to throw food from the upper floors to attract the flocks of seagulls to get it! Sitting on the porch to relax was difficult in that situation.
The Good: location- away from the hubbub of downtown, clean, friendly staff
The Mediocre: the breakfast, the appearance, the lobby
The Bad: the furniture ( the sofa bed that we used for the third adult member of our party should have been thrown away - or given to a frat house. It was abominable!!!! It wasn't comfortable to even sit on. The fan in the bathroom was inoperational. The tub drained very S.....L.....O....W.....L........Y. We were told that the housekeepers wouldn't know that because they do not run water in the tub to clean it- "just wipe it with cleaning materials". The campfire smoke from the State Park across the street do settle over the hotel - there is nothing that could be done about that. Had we been on the street side of the property, we could not have opened the windows.

I do not mind paying outrageous fees to hotels if they are warranted. I realize I was in a resort area, on a prime summer weekend, on a lake. However, $260 per night is too much money for what we got. We did receive a reduction after pointing out the situation. However, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank suzieq50

Management did investigate the family feeding the birds and it was handled in a profesional matter. As for our amentitities we offer are far better than our competitive hotels. We offer a full service restaurant, parasailing, boat rentals, jet ski rentals, gas grills for family BBQ's and one of the finest beaches in Traverse City.

Reviewed 3 August 2010

I only have one complaint about my stay at the Parkshore Resort in Traverse City, Michigan, and that would be the smoke coming from the campground across the street. Every evening, like clockwork, smoke would descend on the resort. I was looking forward to being able to sit out on the patio of my room, enjoy the view, and just relax. Couldn't do it! Other than the smoke, the resort itself was fine. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G1JJB10
Reviewed 2 August 2010

After having a nice relaxing day on the beach and having a wonderful relaxing dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant (highly recommended) we decided to go back to our room and enjoy the view from our balcony. From that point on our stay was disasterous. Nothing but a steady stream of drunks standing under our balcony chain smoking and yelling obscenities. After calling the front desk twice the situation became only worse as people got even more drunk. I finally yelled down to please keep it down and was met with a drunk man making obscene gestures and swearing at me. Totally frustrated I dropped the ice I had in my cup over the balcony. The "gentleman" left after yelling even more choice words to me. Several minutes later two intoxicated men gained entrance to our room without our knowledge and we were shocked when they apppeared at our balcony door and demanded an apology. I was speachless. Sitting there in my night clothes in front of two men I have never seen. I could not speak. After several minutes of them threatening to throw us out if I did not apologize they left and said they were going to call the police. At this point I wanted nothing more than to leave so we started packing. Then a knock came on the door and two police officers asked it they could come in. I said of course. I told them this was ridiculous and that we were leaving. The officer stated to me that he agreed it was a waste of there time and they had many other calls to attend to than something silly like this. My friend went out in the hall, spoke with the officers and the two drunk men who gained access to our room (one claimed to the the "owner" of the entire resort). The police decided there was no reason for us to leave and we closed the balcony door and called it a night. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. VERY POORLY MANAGED.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 77Traveler77
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

After receiving a call from the room in question regarding the noise from below, the managment of the property began to investigate the situation. As this was just getting underway, an innocent party that was on site for a wedding received a pitcher of water or alcohol on them from the above balcony. This guest was completely drenched. Again, acting responsible to all parties, management knocked on the door of the guests to investigate who spilled the substance. After no answer, managment called the guest room and again there was no answer. At this point management and another employee entered the room and found to two occupants very intoxicated and sitting on the balcony. It became apparent that the situation might reoccur later in the night if something was not done. The party would not acknowledge that they had done something wrong or would not do it again. At this point managment informed them that if they could not act responsibly, they would have to be removed. The police were summoned and visted with the party. After this the police informed management that if the party was indeed removed, they would be arrested as they could not drive and would not be released to be intoxicated in public. Management agreed to allow them to stay the night and all was quiet from that point forward. It is the opinion of management that the guest in question was abusive to the rights of others and had to be dealt with for the safety and security of all others. We hope you appreciate our dynamic involvement.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

The ParkShore Resort met and exceeded my expectations when traveling with friends to Traverse City. Being a native to Traverse City, I had taken a recommendation on where to stay from a family member and was very pleased with my stay.

The service from the moment I walked in the door was excellent. I do not think that we could have had a better location (right on the beach, close to shopping, and a great restaurant and bar right down the hall from our room).

If you have the chance to explore beautiful Traverse City, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank smashxoxo
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we made your stay a very enjoyable stay. We do have quit a few amentities at our property that our competitive hotels do not have. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.