“We stay here every year!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of North Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
UK
“We stay here every year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My brother lives in Traverse City and the whole family makes an annual visit during the summer. We always stay at the North Shore Inn because of its location. The condos are very nice, nothing to flash but it doesn't matter because we spend most of our time at the beach, in the water, in the pool or out and about in the area. We have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It's also a great place to stay outside of the summer months when things are a little more quiet there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review!! We are all counting down the days to summer here! I'm so happy you and your family chose to stay with us every summer! We always love to see the familiar faces! Looking forward to seeing you in the sunshine :)
Phone: (800) 968-2365

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Algonac, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My dad rents here for the winter season and my girlfriends and I came up for a weekend getaway. It was great! The North Shores Inn is a really nice place to stay. It was clean and quite. The casino bus came and picked us up and drop us off, although I would suggest taking a cab to the casino and the bus back. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
jean6484, Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
We are happy to hear that your recent trip to North Shore Inn was "awesome" we take pride in our guests enjoying their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We recently stayed here with some friends for New Year's and had two, 2 bedroom condos. Our friend's condo was very nice and had no problems at all. On the other hand, our condo had no toilet paper or soap in one bathroom and the toilet did not flush well. Also, both the TV's were the old tube type and got one fuzzy channel each. Then, we lost power (half the units lost power) and when we complained to management their response was "it was caused by a car accident down the street and wasn't their fault". Since it was cold and a severe winter storm was on it's way, they let us check one day early and we were only charged the $25 cleaning fee. I guess this was to pay for the soap and TP :-)

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank martar23
jean6484, Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank You for your review to trip advisor. We do apologize for your inconvience of the power outage on January 1st due to a transformer being struck along East Bay due to the winter storms Traverse City was experiencing. Unfortunately when something like this happens we along with other businesses have to wait for the problem to be resolved by our local utility company. Which in this case was resolved by our local utility company within a couple of hours. As for no toliet paper nor soaps in your unit. Daily maid service is given to all guests and our staff is here to make sure if there is anything needed we are always here to provide any supplies needed in your unit. We also have a policy for no refunds for unused stays. Under the circumstances when you requested to leave late in the afternnoon a day early management did honor your request. We at the North Shore inn hope you will come stay with us again.

Clio, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I love this place. In the summer I stay at the LLRV Resort in my motor home. When we go by all the motels and hotels we play a little game, (vacancy-no vacancy). I noticed the North Shore Inn was usually no vacancy. On our last visit to Traverse City I told my husband I want
to see if we can stay at the North Shore Inn to see why so many people stay there. Luck was with us. We stayed in the 1 bedroom-1 bath. Loved the room. Clean as everyone spoke of, staff was friendly, room was so cute. Lots of living space. I plan on staying there again next week. The price of the rooms you can not beat, especially for being on the water. Yes it was a stand up shower, that did not bother me at all for the price. I was thrilled with the room and I've stayed at lots of places in traverse city. Would recommend North Shore Inn to anyone. Almost did not write this review because I did not want everyone to know how great it is.

Room Tip: If you want a tub get a 2 bedroom 2 bath.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bella369
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife, daughter and I just spent 2 nights on New Years weekend. The check in and payment process was easy. Upon unlocking our condo, we were greeted with a small Christmas tree to the delight of my family.

While the condo was small, it worked perfectly for us. It had a queen bed and a pull out sofa. The kitchen was well stocked with pans, plates, utensils etc. the fridge was ready for us to stock. A small dishwasher was also included although we handwashed our dishes.

The only concern is the bathroom. It does not have a tub which wasn't a problem for us. The shower is small but was fine for us, may be a tight fit for larger people.

The living room area included a 42" flat screen TV. A DVD player was also supplied. A walk out balcony is off the living room providing a great view of the bay.

As we're there in the winter, we didnt use the pool area or decks. There is a nice boardwalk leading out to the beach and water. We walked down to take some pictures.

My wife is already talking out booking this facility again for next NYE or maybe a long summer weekend.

I would definitely recommend this hotel/condo!

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Hello,
Thank you very much for your detailed review and photo! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay from the moment you walked in! I hope you were able to watch the Cherry Ball Drop downtown to ring in the New Year! It's always a fun crowd with plenty of music and excitement! I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Traverse City!
South Porcupine, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We travelled to Traverse City for the first time in Oct 2011. We rented a 2 bedroom condo at the North Shore Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The condo was very clean. My only complaints that I would have is the light that shines in on the 1 bedroom that was facing the stairwell. The problem could be fixed with new windowcoverings. Also, the condo could use some updating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review! October is such a beautiful time of year to visit Traverse City! I apologize for the extra light that shined into your room. We will take care of that situation right away! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We recently stayed at North Shore Inn and this is the first review I am ever writing online. I agree with previous reviews that the one bedroom units have very small bathrooms, especially the showers. If you drop the single bar of soap you get look out, you can't pick it up without turning off the shower and opening the door! But in fairness the unit was very clean. Furnishings need to be upgraded. Our TV was small, old, and poor quality compared to all the flat screens out there for cheap. We happen to hit bad weather and baseball playoffs were on. It would have been nice to have a quality TV. Finally the bed was a small queen for two adults. Mattress was soft (old). All in all the room was really designed for tiny adults. I am not one of those. Since the building manager cannot rebuild the units I finish my review on a positive note: clean adequate room, nice front desk, beautiful water view.

Room Tip: Corner suites 2 bedroom
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the North Shore Inn! All of our owners are currently making several updates in their units. Every room in our building will have a new bed(s) by spring. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the water view! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!