“Great food, nice spices, eclectic atmosphere”
Review of Xylo Bistro - CLOSED

Xylo Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Michigan
“Great food, nice spices, eclectic atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Found this on Yelp when visiting Traverse. Was a real nice find. Lots of art for sale on the walls, quiet, comfortable atmosphere. The food was excellent and had a nice range of tastes, and very good flavor. We ordered 4 different dishes and shared, which was a great idea since everything did taste so differently. The bar has some local beer, wine and top shelf liquor. Overall a good selection with not too much to decide on. The wait staff was nice and friendly - but nothing special. Best part of the experience was the food and looking at art work.

• Visited November 2013

London, ON
“Continues to Improve!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I visited Traverse City for several days earlier this month and we decided to revisit Xylo, since we had enjoyed previous visits to the restaurant. Since our last visit the menu has been significantly expanded and they have acquired a liquor licence. Once again, the food was excellent and service was prompt, despite a "full house". We noticed that a new hotel is under construction just across the street. Once completed I suspect that reservations will be a must, something we did not need on this occasion. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Holland, Michigan
“much less than I expected.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited this restaurant based on reviews on Tripadvisor, but should have taken negative comments more seriously. We were very disappointed. I requested a change on a menu item to make it fit my diet, and was told it would result in a 50% price increase. I ordered the fish sandwich. When it arrived, it looked like a huge greasy donut on a bun. Somewhere in that fried lump of flour, was a hint of fish, but it was difficult to locate. My wife ordered a vegi sandwich on which the cheese was so over broiled, it was a black char.
We were so disgusted with the quality of food in Traverse city, we ate at a 'safe' chain in the evening.

1 Thank allen006
RO, MI
“Great vegetarian options”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, good atmosphere, good vegetarian options. Parking can be a challenge, but worth the walk from anywhere nearby.

• Visited October 2013
“Good! But don't go near closing time”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We went here on recommendation from our vacation rental owner. She said it was the best pad Thai she had ever had. We got caught up sightseeing and didn't realize how late it was getting. We called at 8:15 and asked if we could still come in, and were told "yes, as long as you are seated and order by 9, you're great." We do this- seated and ordered by 8:40. We are the only people in there. Our server was amazing- so nice! Two of us order decaf coffee. When she tells the bartender girl, I hear the her say "you've got to be kidding" though our server never let on if she was displeased. From there on out, I noticed the bartender look over at us, and the chef and other help as well. Overall, it was an awkward dining experience. Food was good, server was fantastic. But never have I felt so anxious to get out of a place I'm paying to eat because people keep coming to look at you to egg you on to eat faster!

1 Thank katleebrod