“Good Food and Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Xylo Bistro - CLOSED

Xylo Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Haslett, Michigan
“Good Food and Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I dined here on a Saturday evening. The place was busy when we arrived and we were seated at the bar since all of the tables were filled. I ordered the Flank Steak and my wife ordered the Duck Quesadillas. My flank steak was good, but wasn't great. There wasn't anything particulary wrong, it just didn't impress me. I probably would order something else if I were to eat here again. My wife's quesadilla on the other hand was delicious. I had a few bites, it was a great blend of what you would expect from a quesadilla along with some flair that gave it a unique taste. As for the other qualities of the restaraunt, the place had a hippish/urban feel with exposed beams and modern decor. The service was a little slow since they seemed to be understaffed for how busy they were. The servers were doing the best they could, but they were literally running around and could've used another waitress or two. The prices were also very reasonable.

• Visited April 2014

Michigan
“Wonderful Food - Wonderful - Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

You have to know where this restaurant is as it is out of the beaten path area. It is located in the Warehouse District across from the Beautiful Bay. Near Union/Hall St. and the Parkway. The menu is extensive. We had 12 for lunch this past weekend. They were understaffed and overwhelmed by everyone who had decided to go here for lunch this day. There were a couple large families, and two other large groups. They kept apologizing for the slow service.. but the food was so worth the wait, and it really wasn't that much longer. We all oohed and aahed as each plate was delivered to the table. I don't think anyone ordered the same dish. We shared bites off our plates. They were beautifully prepared and so wonderful and delicious. We thought we were going to need carry out boxes, but most of us so enjoyed our dish that there wasn't anything left to put in the boxes. Prices' are very reasonable for the amount of food served. They have 2 quiches each day and are so yummy as is their. Eggs benedict, and the Sandwiches are fantastic, noodle plates etc. Nice items on their large menu. All plates are prepared with fresh food and the ingredients are as local as possible. Everyone will love this place and the food.

Visited April 2014
Saginaw, Michigan
“You gotta go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Being TC locals this rates at the top of our list for restaurants!! The food was freshly prepared with great prices for what you get. The wait staff was very friendly and explained many of their entrees. Definitely a place to go spend your money. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Traverse City
“A little hard to find, but worth the effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I went here as part of the Restaurant week and had a very nice meal here. The tenderloin steak was very tender and tasty. The art in the restaurant was different but interesting, and the service was very attentive. I will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great New Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

A great new addition to the warehouse district of Traverse City. Been here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it hasn't failed to satisfy. My favorite dish was a special for dinner, Basa which is a catfish from the Mekong River Delta, with fresh vegetables and rice. Good desert selection as well. And finally very reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013