“Charming hotel with personality”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 20 June 2013

While there is nothing fancy about Traverse City Bay Inn, there is plenty to write home about. Clean rooms w/ a kitchenette,comfy beds, beach access across the street, bike trail leading into town (8 miles?) or Suttons Bay (22 miles) behind the well maintained beautiful property, Walgreens, Family Video, Burger King, Speedway, and Bob Evans all in walking distance. DId I mention they put out bicycles for loan every morning? The only stipulation is to return them by dark. There is a picnic area with grills, a pool, as well as a hot tub. Wine tours also pick up from this hotel. It was a wonderful experience that I look forward to repeating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MITravelChick

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I do not beleive you get what you pay for. We payed very little and got a ton. We wanted to save some cash for wine and food so we deceided to stay at a small motel. It was clean and comfortable. The towles and linens were fresh and soft. The room was a studio which is one of the smaller rooms. I would not have known. We had a kitchen but only used the full size fridge. The grounds are clean and you feel like you are in the woods. The pool was in use with families and it was just a very pleasent stay. I have paid triple and not received better accomidations or customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cnews
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I were visiting Traverse City for the first time. As usual, I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad I read about Traverse Bay Inn. At our arrival, I was very pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the Office area. If that was to be any indication of the cleanliness of the Inn's rooms, we were going to be very pleased with our stay. Traverse Bay Inn is an exceptional place to stay. We were greeted by a very friendly staff person. Check in was done very quickly. Our room was fantastic. I totally agree with other reviewers that the room was like a small condo with a small living room, kitchen and eating area. The bedroom looked out over a woodsy area. The price we paid for this exceptional suite was phenomenal!! What an outstanding find!!! I would give Traverse Bay Inn more than five stars!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I came to Traverse City for a recent work trip and we decided to make a weekend out of it. After another reservation fell through, I found the Traverse Bay Inn. Were we more than impressed!!! This Inn is cleaner than I ever thought possible and most five star hotels I have stayed in. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be recommending the Traverse Bay Inn to anyone I know that will be visiting the Traverse City area. And, I can guarantee, we will be staying here on our future trips to TC!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 113Kate113
Reviewed 28 May 2013

All the positive reviews were right with this place! Absolutely loved our room and we were lucky to have the woods out our window so it made it seem very rustic. The room was fantastic and it was right down the road from a Walgreens and many places to eat. Check in was super fast and the price was the best I could find in the area! Would love to go back here someday!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank banjo60
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This place was an incredible deal. Although not located in the center of Traverse City, it was located close to the beaches on the East Bay. The price was a steal. The hotel room was more like a small condo: it had a small living room, a refrigerator, microwave, oven and cupboards full of cooking utensils. The bedroom was in a separate room. There were 2 tvs. The place was immaculately clean. It was also quiet, despite being on highway 31. The people working there were very friendly. I stayed here 2 nights. My only regret was not staying here longer!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank coolclimates
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The Inn was a comterbale place to stay.. pretty clean for an older Inn. We did like the layout of the two story room. Big room upsatairs with Two full beds that worked well for our 3 kids.
we didn't use the outdoors pool but it also look well maintained.We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family