“Lots of room”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Made reservation on phone for Toast of the Season package. We arrived a bit early for check in but were able to get into our room. Everything was as stated in the package. Friendly, knowledgeable employee.
Walked in and we had a two bedroom! Kitchen area with full fridge, small bathroom but great water pressure which matters. Bring your own soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc although if you forget toothpaste there is some at front desk.
Flat screen cable tv, gas fireplace, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I love using Tripadvisor and read all the great reviews on this little gem…and they were right! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed my stay….I travel a lot and can be very picky …. so honestly I would definitely return to this hotel in a second! Not just based on the great price and value but because I really enjoyed the accommodations. It was very clean, quiet cozy and the bed was very comfortable and the shower was wonderful! Great water pressure and loved the shower head!! I was just traveling this time by myself with my awesome dog…the space was huge! So if your a family that was looking to enjoy TC and needed a place to stay short or long term…. look no further it is right here at Traverse Bay Inn! Great office staff too. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DonRobin B
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Headed up to Traverse with a friend to smell and buy lavender at Lavender Hill Farm, then we headed to our hotel. Obviously the place had been there a while as it was configured like a "motor inn" from the 1950's, but someone took great time and expense to turn that diamond in the rough into a gem; clean, cozy, quiet, nice/functioning windows, comfy bed...and no large parking lot to navigate. Oh, and the price...can't beat it! Best innkeeper recommendation...the Bayside Inn....gosh, hope I got that right. Wonderful diner-style food that was about 10 notches above anything I'd expected.Ordered a hamburger. It came on a handmade bun, the onions we real, thick slices (not pre-chopped from a bag), and the pickles were enormous...came with coleslaw. Had purple cabbage in it, tasted like it was made right there. Of course, had to wait to go there until 8ish, on a Friday night, bc the place was packed. That in itself says everything. Restaurant located about 1-2 minute drive from hotel, going away from downtown.

Room Tip: Loved my little corner room with the fireplace. Opened the shades and windows in the a.m., and enjoy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is the ONLY place I stay when I come to T.C. It was recommended to me by my brother who lives in Traverse and it was a great recommendation. I cannot speak high enough of this resort. Love it! It's clean, VERY roomy, and super cute. Plus huge bonus is the kitchenette. And of course, the price is great!!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My daughter made the reservation and when I walked in the door I was VERY impressed. Very spacious room with couch, table and chairs, plus a kitchenette. For just the two of us we had 2 good sized bedrooms. One of the bedrooms was upstairs and had a very clean comfy king size bed with 5 big fluffy pillows, also had a jacuzzi in the room which we did not use, but a nice addition. The other bedroom was on the main level with a queen bed. The bathroom had a very nice shower and also was very clean. There were three flat screen tv's, one in each bedroom and one in the living room. Price was very reasonable. I made reservations again for this weekend to go with my husband and another couple.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MabelJune
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thanks for the great review! Guests taking time to review us and our property are so appreciated and important to us. We simply wouldn't be here without great travelers like you and the many others we are so fortunate to have pay us a visit here at the Traverse Bay Inn. Sounds like I'll get to thank you in person too! - Jeff

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Took the room based on reviews on Trip Advisor. There were only two of us but this place would be ideal for a family. There was a queen bed downstairs and two beds upstairs. The rooms were very clean and even had a fridge and stove. It would be perfect for an extended stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I've been to many hotels and motels. This place place is wonderful for long stays. Great location, full kitchen, pool, laundry room. Friendly staff. What else could you want? I even had a Jacuzzi by my bed

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends