“Nicest Hotel, clean, friendly, and amazingly low rates”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
great north woods
“Nicest Hotel, clean, friendly, and amazingly low rates”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here the one night in September and were amazed. Friendly staff, told us we could take bicycles to town free of charge. We expected a single room with 1 bed. We got a 2 bedroom with kitchenette. And the upstairs bedroom was a King size bed with a Jacuzzi tub. I could not believe it for the price. We were so impressed we are staying again for Thanksgiving and have talked family members into booking a room as well. What a great unexpected find in this fun town.

Room Tip: Book the 2 bedroom Jacuzzi suite with kitchenette. Room we stayed in had a bedroom downstairs and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a getaway and it was the perfect place. We were nervous at first because of the low price...64 a night!! And the website was A little outdated, but we were totally surprised ! We ended up have a two story room with two full beds abd one queen..not that we needed that many! And a full kitchen. It was VERY clean, very convenient and super affordable! We can't wait to come back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Northern Michigan
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for an economical hotel in Traverse City for one night prior to our Keryx In Community church week-end. I saw on Trip Advisor that this hotel was clean and affordable. Bingo!

Not only was it affordable at $50.60 including tax (!) but they gave us a bigger room at no charge!! Thank you!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mary M
Detroit
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Made reservation on phone for Toast of the Season package. We arrived a bit early for check in but were able to get into our room. Everything was as stated in the package. Friendly, knowledgeable employee.
Walked in and we had a two bedroom! Kitchen area with full fridge, small bathroom but great water pressure which matters. Bring your own soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc although if you forget toothpaste there is some at front desk.
Flat screen cable tv, gas fireplace, no complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I love using Tripadvisor and read all the great reviews on this little gem…and they were right! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed my stay….I travel a lot and can be very picky …. so honestly I would definitely return to this hotel in a second! Not just based on the great price and value but because I really enjoyed the accommodations. It was very clean, quiet cozy and the bed was very comfortable and the shower was wonderful! Great water pressure and loved the shower head!! I was just traveling this time by myself with my awesome dog…the space was huge! So if your a family that was looking to enjoy TC and needed a place to stay short or long term…. look no further it is right here at Traverse Bay Inn! Great office staff too. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DonRobin B
Sparta, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Headed up to Traverse with a friend to smell and buy lavender at Lavender Hill Farm, then we headed to our hotel. Obviously the place had been there a while as it was configured like a "motor inn" from the 1950's, but someone took great time and expense to turn that diamond in the rough into a gem; clean, cozy, quiet, nice/functioning windows, comfy bed...and no large parking lot to navigate. Oh, and the price...can't beat it! Best innkeeper recommendation...the Bayside Inn....gosh, hope I got that right. Wonderful diner-style food that was about 10 notches above anything I'd expected.Ordered a hamburger. It came on a handmade bun, the onions we real, thick slices (not pre-chopped from a bag), and the pickles were enormous...came with coleslaw. Had purple cabbage in it, tasted like it was made right there. Of course, had to wait to go there until 8ish, on a Friday night, bc the place was packed. That in itself says everything. Restaurant located about 1-2 minute drive from hotel, going away from downtown.

Room Tip: Loved my little corner room with the fireplace. Opened the shades and windows in the a.m., and enjoy...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ionia, Michigan
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This is the ONLY place I stay when I come to T.C. It was recommended to me by my brother who lives in Traverse and it was a great recommendation. I cannot speak high enough of this resort. Love it! It's clean, VERY roomy, and super cute. Plus huge bonus is the kitchenette. And of course, the price is great!!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends