“On the bike pathway”

Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Clinton township, Michigan
“On the bike pathway”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have stayed here a number of times during the winter and have not been disappointed! The accommodations are clean and spacious. The office staff are always there to offer suggestions and to insure your stay is everything you want it to be. Great central location to the wine country and downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are just around the corner from the walking pathway if you travel with pets as we alway...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank timbertoes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked the room for four days in order to go to medical appointments based upon the excellent reviews for the prices available, and arrived with a friend on Feb 19th at about 730 pm after clearing the late arrival over the phone earlier that day. Was immediately impressed by the quality of the housekeeping and the well-stocked kitchenette in room 106, which was a king jacuzzi suite. Housekeeping staff was wonderful and came by every day to ask us if we needed anything, and they washed the dishes (some of which were actually mine that I brought with me) and made my bed on the 20th while we were at the hospital for my tests. Only a few mild issues, one of which was a group that arrived at about 5pm on the 20th and made a great deal of noise in room 105 for over two hours straight. My friend knew that the desk would not be staffed for much longer so she went to the office at about 7pm to let them know about this, As I was not with her I don't know exactly what transpired but she came away from the encounter with the impression that the gentleman on the desk (who I believe she said was Jeff) was somewhat irritated that he had lost a very large room booking by ejecting them from the inn. I apologize if she was somewhat confrontational in her approach--perhaps there was a misunderstanding or lack of communication on her part. I personally dislike making complaints as I work with the public and I don't wish to be one of "those" customers, and I think she may have been a bit on edge due to the medical issues I was in TC for and perhaps came off a bit abrasive. Again, I apologize if this was the case, as I enjoyed the stay a great deal and would generally recommend it and would love to stay again. In addition, it appeared that the jacuzzi above the downstairs bedroom may have flooded or leaked at some point recently as there were fairly new water stains on the ceiling and what appeared to be water in the light fixture cover itself before we used the tub, although the water and stains seem to have dried by the time we left and there was no problem the three times we used the jacuzzi as we watched the ceiling carefully each time. Was somewhat surprised at the lack of an ice machine on the property, but the freezer in the room did have a couple of trays of ice when we arrived. When checking out at about 11am on Sunday the 23rd there was no one in the office to confirm our exit and as I noticed someone else had left their keys on the desk with a note that they were leaving I did the same, although in hindsight it may have been wiser to simply leave the keys in the room to ensure no one else could access it. Overall it was a very good stay and I am very happy with the Traverse Bay Inn and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angela W
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I appreciate the review very much, Angela W. Always glad to hear good comments about our great staff and the good work they do. I'm also glad you let me know immediately about the noisy guests next door so I could take care of the problem. Our rooms are extremely well insulated from noise so I was immediately concerned as noise complaints at the Traverse Bay Inn are rare. I didn't mean to come off in a bad way so please tell your friend that for me if you would. Those kinds of issues are never fun to deal with especially with uncooperative guests. (Them not you) Thank you for your cooperation.
Because of the intensity of the winter we have seen some water issues from so much ice build-up so thank you for the report about the ceiling. I have since looked at that and I do believe we have taken care of the problem. Next time do keep in mind that we try and keep an ice supply in the office for our guests so just let us know and we can bring some to the room for you. I certainly do hope to see you again soon when you can come just for FUN!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Every June, we come to Traverse City for the annual dog shows, my favorite shows of the year. One of the many things we look forward to is staying at Traverse Bay Inn. Not only were we initially attracted to the inn's well-kept, inviting, external appearance, the fact that such a great place allows dogs sealed the deal for us! We love it every time, and always hate to head home. A couple of times, we stayed somewhere else, but we were always drawn back to Traverse Bay Inn. The two bedroom, two-story suites (complete with a living room, full kitchen, three TVs, AC, and windows that actually open) fit our needs perfectly! You can park right outside your door, which is a huge plus in my book. Further, the inn is in a great location right across from the bay, and close to everything! The staff, and Jeff, the owner, could not be more friendly and attentive. The property and suites are extremely clean and in great condition. I cannot recommend Traverse Bay Inn more highly!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Reddogs1
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here with the kids for a night before an early-morning hockey game. The kids had a bedroom downstairs and we had the king jacuzzi room upstairs; it was more like a mini-vacation than a family hockey trip. Everything was very, very clean. The white down comforters were crisp with a nice, soft bleach smell. The kitchen cupboards had everything we needed for snacks and breakfastware, including real glasses, a good corkscrew, and a big ol' tea kettle on the stove. While the common area space was rather small, and the bathroom was teeny tiny with no counter space, there was an amazing amount of closet space in both bedrooms and the common area--and those were clean, too! The jacuzzi worked perfectly, and the hot water was literally steaming hot.

The location is close to parks, restaurants, and stores without being on the main drag. We'd stay here for a longer vacation during beach season, for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelCrooks4
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Jeff and Chris run a wonderful place. We booked the 2 bedroom with a fireplace (One king size, and the other queen size) a kitchenette and three flat screen televisions. I came into town the night before surgery and needed a place to stay for the night before. The beds were very comfortable and having two bedrooms made it so I wasn't waking others when getting up in the middle of the night. The off season price and the pleasant dealings with Jeff made me less nervous at a stressful time. I plan to return, next time for "FUN" as their sign says.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Calmico
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Clean room that looked recently remodeled. We stayed in a kitchenette. it was like a two room apartment. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. For the price, I dont think you could beat it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PnPRoss
Kodiak, Alaska
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was great. The staff was friendly and they accept large dogs. For the price it is hard to beat. The rooms are all very clean and unique. Our first night we stayed in the queen studio, it was a very cool space but tiny! I felt like I was in an RV.

The next night we stayed in the king suite. That was great however it was in need of updates. The fridge was very loud when running and there was a lot of rust on the side.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caleb B
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thanks for the review and comments. It's that time of year when we concentrate on our annual upgrades and ongoing repairs so your comments are very timely and appreciated. See you again soon I hope and while your there do stop in the office for a visit! - Jeff