Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Traverse City(Traverse City)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Park Place Hotel(Traverse City)
Good 3.5/5
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)
Very Good 4/5
Grand Traverse Motel(Traverse City)
Average 3/5
Sierra Motel(Traverse City)
2,497 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questdunkin donutslife guardsall agesbowling alleyindoor waterparkgreat family funmagiquest gamecamp critterkids cabindance partyolder kidsa lot of funbunk bedswhole familykids love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Having never been North in Michigan, my family and I planned a trip we hoped would be a fun weekend for our kids. The hotel is easy to find, and check in was painless. The room when we entered was your typical hotel room. Old fashioned "big box" TV's in the rooms was not very impressive. The kids sleep area was not really as desirable as the pictures on the internet made it seem. You would think for the money it cost to go there you would really start updating the rooms.

That being said, the staff is AMAZING. Pleasant, and ready to cater to your every need. They do their best to make you feel welcome, and keep everyone happy. They had a dance party that night of our arrival that had a DJ and even the smallest of children to the teenagers were dancing and having fun.

The hotel is very pricey. Every activity has a fee attached to it, so I would recommend bringing some snacks with you or breakfast items so you don't get stuck with every little thing you need. For example, there is an arcade you have to pay for, activities like painting, but you must pay to participate, a magic adventure that I was not paying for, etc, etc. There was only so much we were willing to pay for on a weekend trip- this was not a family vacation.

The pool and water park did not disappoint. That is the main reason we went and we did have a blast there. There is security so you don't lose your little family members, and careful watching by staff so no kids fall in and drown. There are pool areas appropriate even for the littlest kids. There is enough to do so even the adults can have fun.

All and all we enjoyed the stay, but I would love for them to work on some updates seeing they got plenty of my money all weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank RxDrea
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge for one night and we were lucky enough to get a Wolf Den room. The room was perfect for our needs. The bunk beds were great for our small children. Having the refrigerator in our room was great as well. The water park provided hours of entertainment for our family. The property remains well maintained and is as great as it was the first time we visited back in 2009. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank seekingsun4
Reviewed 4 May 2012

If you have small or even older children, this is a wonderful place to bring than. I'm speechless at the price, quality, and service of this establishment. It's Near bear head dunes, a beautiful state park and camping area! I loved it, and I am a picky family lady! Our room was only $179, and the second night was $129. If you need a late checkout it's $30 extra! Totally cool! Food was good too! Try Flap Jacks for breakfast! Potters from downtown is the best bread I have ever tasted!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank KFLEISCH
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family and I went to Great Wolf Lodge for our Spring Break trip it was alot of fun for all. My son is autistic and he was a little overwhelmed at first but came around and had alot of fun what I loved was that there is something there for everyone in the family. We stayed in a Wolf Den suite which we got thanks to a great online upgrade for only an extra 18 bucks a night. I loved the room we where on the 2nd floor which was great we where on the same floor as the store, resturant, wolf walk,etc. We where very accesible to everything all the employees and even other guests where great. We also loved that our kids could both do things besides the waterpark. My daughter loved the Cub Club, Wolf Walk, and Magiquest, my son also seems to enjoy storytime and the Cub Club. We loved it so much we planned our next trip back for Mother's Day weekend and are trying to get more family members to go with us for a future trip in June or July :) great experience plus did I mention the spa was great too and my hubby found a distillery in town that he enjoyed so it was a great trip overall :)!!

Room Tip: try the online upgrade it starts at $18.00 a night its worth it to upgrade your suite!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank shan52782
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel staff was pleasant as well as the water park staff. The amenities were adequate. However, the room was not very clean. The walls were kind of dirty and there was cereal on the floor under the table. The water park was fun, but not sure it was worth all the hype (or the price). My children, 11 & 13, had about all the fun they were going to have after about 4 hours. We ended up staying at another hotel (for less than 1/3 the cost) the rest of our stay and spent the money we saved doing other fun things around Traverse City.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jr7648661
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at our lodge did not exceed your expectations. Your comments have been noted and shared with our Directory of Housekeeping.

I do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards,