“My Son and I LOVE This Place!!!!!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came here four times in 2013 and once so far in 2014 and will be back later this year. It is a bit pricey but the water park is a riot, the hotel rooms are absolutely Immaculate and the staff is so friendly and the lifeguards take their job very seriously.We have had the buffet breakfast and was very happy with it. The only thing I found wrong here was their pizza. Worse then cardboard. Luckily, there is a Pizza Hut down the street. But once again, we personally love this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank singingscotty20... .
Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Suite rooms like Motel rooms, not worth spending. Just buy tickets for the water park & stay on hotels close by w/ hot breakfast for less than half a price. I would not recommended nor stay here NASTY

Room Tip: We had a Suite room $300 + per night, this "suite" was pretty much like Motel 6 ... I woul...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mujercitas
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf Lodge – Traverse City! I am terribly sorry your family did not enjoy your stay with us. We do not sell day passes to our waterparks, so staying off-site as you recommend would not be an option. We are exclusive to the guests that stay with us; this is done for concerns of safety and to prevent overcrowding.

I hope your family will reconsider and stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've stayed at the Great Wold Lodge in Traverse City several times and have never had a bad experience. Unless you go during one of the ultra-busy times of the year (forget about Cherry Festival if you don't want to spend lots of money), the prices are rather reasonable. You can get almost the same pricing on a room with admission to the water park as you would spend on one of the hotels on the bay. It's also VERY conveniently located near food, shopping, and a large grocery store.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great family resort with a fun water park. Clean and quiet rooms. Dunkin Donuts in the lobby is very popular and convenient. The restaurant is a little bit pricy, but the food is delicious! We ate there both nights of our weekend stay. I think the water park at Avalanche Bay at Boyne Mountain is a little more exciting for the tweens and teens, and GWL is a little more geared toward the preschool - elementary ages.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 007steelhorse
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first visit to any GWL! The visit had cons but the pros mostly made up for it! Check in was a breeze, our room {kid kamp} was ready when we arrived early to go into the park. The lobby was beautiful and the check in lady was so sweet! My girls are 2 and 3 so I wasn't sure what all we could do, but was more than surprised!

Room- We got the kids kamp. So cute!
Cookies & Milks- I cant urge you enough to do this! my girls loved it, having a character bring cookies & milk to our room just put them over the top! & the cookies are super yummy & warm!

Scoops Spa- Obviously over priced. It was my youngest birthday & thought it would be something special to do. In my opinion we are paying Disney prices here, & deserve a "Disney" experience. This was anything but, the lady was quite rude. She has asked which had had the little blanket & I said "OH that sissys" to give it to my daughter & the lady was very rude with a "like im supposed to know who sissy is?" She also upon booking & the time of our apt kept mentioned making sure they napped, My girls rarely nap & are very well behaved. When we arrived & I told her they hadn't; she huffed and said "OH GREAT!" All in all it was fun. She didn't make it special, didn't even wish my girl a happy birthday after she had told it was her birthday & we had sang a little to her! Luckily my girls are too young to notice those things so they loved it. The voucher for ice cream & take home polish was great!

Ten Paw Bowling alley- We loved it! Recommend it! Perfected sized everything for little hands!

Bear Paw- delicious treats! You can't not stop with the smell of waffle cones being made SO good!

Critter Café: We had dinner, was THEE worse service I have experienced. Our waitress took so long to do anything, we got our drink after our app & person that brought the app had said it had been sitting there for awhile. She was rude. & acted like we were very much a inconvenience. Checking her phone at the table. My husband asked her to come over several time from her standing at the bar with her phone, after 15 mins and she finally gave us the "ONE MINUTE finger" & came over. Food was surprisingly delicious! We got the artichoke dip App, I got a burger & my husband the moz chicken. The chef came out & was very delightful. Again really makes the experience for the small ones. Décor is very cool!
We also ordered from "hungry as a wolf" one night. We showed up about a half hour after ordering they told us "20 minutes" we stop at the cub club on the way. My husband waited 20 mins to be even talked to. Then when told they would be back, waited another 25 mins!! Pizza was good, but the wait was ridiculous. People just walking by him, ignoring him while waiting while only 5 tables in restaurant. Overall restaurant taste was, was great. Employees need some serious lesson on how to treat customers!

Cub Club- another must do. Hopefully when you are staying your Mr Doug. He was SUCH a delight. My daughter fell & put a hole in her lip. He offered to do SO much including calling a lifeguard to come look at her. He got her a ice pack & later that night at story time made a point to come over & ask if she was OK. HE gets it. We got the "experience" from him! We got the pillow case & when we ran out of time he let us take a bag to our room to finish & return! Our girls still sleep with their "violet pillows" every night!

Lifeguard are amazing. Always looking so attentive. Pool snack bar- would love some better food options! Recommend getting the refillable slushie cup!

Dunkin Donuts- Employees were are nice, & fun! Husband bought the coffee cup & got free refills during our stay!

Storytime- was so fun! Right up the smaller children's area, again hope when you are there you get Mr doug. He made it so fun!

Overall, we had a great time, the con of staff was greatly taken over by the fun things & the few great staff. My girls are always talking about "vacation" & asking to go back!

Room Tip: If you don't a loud room as to not be in a room near Magi quest! We were on a wing, on ground le...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank suitcasesNsippycups
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Good place to visit. A little pricey on most things....typical resort. Staff was friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and quiet. Restaurant was dead but service was good. Dunkin donuts inside was a huge plus as breakfast buffet was not offered as stated.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

the waterpark is the big draw here and it was smaller than i expected. it's still loads of fun and our younger kids (ages 5-7) loved it. my older ones (12 and 14), enjoyed it, but not as much as avalanche bay at boyne mountain or kalahari at cedar point. the service, food and amenities are very good.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, your youngsters might like the camp or wolf den suites.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family