Grand Beach Resort Hotel
Knights Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
US$132
US$126
US$63
US$60
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$134
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$131
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$53
Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Courtyard Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$137
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
All reviewsbeach viewwafflessugar beachfirst floorsound of the wavescontinental breakfastdairy queenbeachfront roombeach chairsminiature golfhot tubthe beach is nicewaffle makerhard boiled eggsin seasonfamily suiteindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Grand Beach Resort Hotel in Traverse City was a great getaway spot for a fall trip Up North. I booked a room on the beach side, first floor - so my patio opened directly onto the beach. The patio had a small table and 2 chairs so you can enjoy morning coffee with an amazing view of the bay. Unfortunately, the ducks and seagulls wanted to share my breakfast so it was a bit noise with their begging.

The room was very comfortable, clean and in good condition. A few minor repair problems were evident (loose towel rack and coat hanger) but nothing that impacted my stay. (I imagine it was just wear and tear from the busy summer season and would be on the repair list for the slower winter months.) The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious (the cherry sauce for the hot waffles was delicious!).

There's a great glass enclosed "bridge" between the two main sections of the hotel where a line of comfy overstuffed armchairs are situated. I spent some time there one afternoon just reading a book and enjoying the view of the water.

The room was a little pricey at $169 for a weekend and $135 for a weekday (I stayed Saturday through Monday). But I guess that's what you get for a higher-end hotel right on the water in a resort community. I splurged on my weekend away and was happy I did.

The hotel is located a couple miles outside of the downtown area, but centrally located enough to not feel like you're too far away from the attractions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Last weekend we rented the Villa at the Grand Beach. It was truly a lovely place. 3 Beds, 3 baths, fireplace, full size laundry and fully equipped kitchen and bar with granite counters. All the Villas at the Grand Beach are full on view of the gorgeous bay.

The Red Mesa Grill is just across the street and has a full gluten free menu including gluten free beer! I thought I was in heaven.

The Grand Beach hotel and villas are within 10 minutes of the beautiful peninsula with some really good Michigan wineries.

Room Tip: Any water view is worth the extra $$
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BynaWV52
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Here's what set them apart in our view:
1. The accommodations were... Clean. Nice. Comfortable. Bed was firm with deep pillow top. VERY comfortable. Nice flat screen tv. Nice pool. Game room.
2. The people were warm and courteous. One even checked football scores for me on the internet. Another returned $0.75 to me that was eaten by a game in their game room. While I was at the front counter asking if they would, my wife unknowingly put another $0.75 in the same game. They refunded both with no questions or comments... just a smile and a "sorry, we'll put a sign on it."
3. We were hauling our motorcycles in a trailer to do color tour. Even though we only stayed one night, they let us park our trailer in their parking lot until evening long after we had checked out. "Oh sure" was all they said.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart R
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I usually stay here with our motorcycles on a motorcycle trailer. We go wine tasting off season, so the hotel is always pleasant off-season. In August, we stayed here for the first time during peak season. There were screaming children in the pool and a crowded breakfast buffet. We like the hotel's location a few miles outside downtown so a car is a necessity to get around. The quietness off-season is very pleasant along with off-season rates, but expect it to be crowded on summer weekends.

Room Tip: The in-room jacuzzi tubs are two different sizes depending if you get a court yard room or beach front room. Ask for the room with a larger tub.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Traverse. We had a king with a beach view. Beach is clean and well kept. This is one of the better beaches. Hotel was clean. Tv was out of date and not very clear. They should upgrade to LCD flat screens like other hotels. I didn't go to the continental breakfast. I probably would not stay again- I know I can get the same quality for less money, This is a very noisy hotel. I was on the second floor and every step rattled the place. I was awaken several times as people came to their rooms late at night. I could literally hear every step pounding on the floors. Even our rm, 212, walking across the room would rattle the doors on the entertainment center. Parking was very limited. Even though the vacany light was on, I took the very last parking space in the lot at night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple