“This hotel and staff are awesome!”

Grand Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family and I stayed the weekend at the Grand Beach Resort and we had an awesome time. The hotel was so clean but more importantly the staff was super friendly. I especially liked that the staff was very knowledgeable of the area and went out of their way to help us and make sure that we enjoyed our stay. Danny the front desk clerk and Tony are the two who stood out to me the most. I was there celebrating my 30th birthday and had never been upnorth. I know without a doubt that if we ever decide to visit Traverse City again we will be staying at this hotel. We had a family suite on the beach and the view was breathtaking. It was twenty-one of us that stayed at the hotel and I did not hear one complaint from any of them. I did not partake in the continental breakfast but those of my family who did really enjoyed the waffles. This is my first review on trip advisor and I had to leave one just because I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel and their staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Raymond S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed the weekend at the Grand Beach. After staying at several other hotels in Traverse City I would say that this is one of our favorite places. The rooms were very clean and the microwave and fridge were very helpful. The continental breakfast in the morning was more than enough to satisfy us. They served toast, bagels, waffles(with WONDERFUL cherry topping), and a variety of cereal/oatmeal.

A couple of negatives: You can hear everything going on in the hallway. From door slams to quiet conversations was noticeable. We had a jacuzzi room, which was very nice, but there were not enough towels. We didn't want to wait for housekeeping to bring more so we just made due with the three towels that we had.

With snow on the ground we didn't make it down to the beach but this area of TC has great beaches.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel has very clean rooms, most having balconies. Very reasonably priced, we paid $69 a night (in February). Would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Planned trip to Myrtle Beach was marred by 5-days of rain. Last minute decision to travel 4 hours as opposed to 14 hrs proved to be a very good decision. Accommodations were more than we expected. Rooms were spacious, clean, had a balcony, (no beach side rooms available at the time) but access to beach was easy and open at any hour. Continental Breaksfast available and access to indoor pool. Very clean and pleasant atmosphere. It was 10 Oct 11 that we were there. Easy access to a lot of venues.

Room Tip: Beach side accommodations if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom villas, which was perfect for the occasion. We stayed there once before by accident, and we went back because it was so amazing. The place is beautiful, well furnished, and extremely spacious.

I had the pleasure of working with Tony, the manager, who went above and beyond to make sure that my engagement evening was amazing. He even went into the villa while we were at dinner and beautifully decorated the place with flowers and candles that I had previously had delivered to the hotel. Couldn't have been better.

I 100% recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leo W
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Grand Beach Resort Hotel in Traverse City was a great getaway spot for a fall trip Up North. I booked a room on the beach side, first floor - so my patio opened directly onto the beach. The patio had a small table and 2 chairs so you can enjoy morning coffee with an amazing view of the bay. Unfortunately, the ducks and seagulls wanted to share my breakfast so it was a bit noise with their begging.

The room was very comfortable, clean and in good condition. A few minor repair problems were evident (loose towel rack and coat hanger) but nothing that impacted my stay. (I imagine it was just wear and tear from the busy summer season and would be on the repair list for the slower winter months.) The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious (the cherry sauce for the hot waffles was delicious!).

There's a great glass enclosed "bridge" between the two main sections of the hotel where a line of comfy overstuffed armchairs are situated. I spent some time there one afternoon just reading a book and enjoying the view of the water.

The room was a little pricey at $169 for a weekend and $135 for a weekday (I stayed Saturday through Monday). But I guess that's what you get for a higher-end hotel right on the water in a resort community. I splurged on my weekend away and was happy I did.

The hotel is located a couple miles outside of the downtown area, but centrally located enough to not feel like you're too far away from the attractions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo