A friend and I stayed here this past Friday, after staying at Grand Traverse Resort for two nights. We were in town for a conference at GTR and added the extra day. You wouldn't be able to have a conference at Grand Beach, but if you are looking for a great beachfront location that is clean, peaceful, and fun, grand beach is for you!
Why we liked it better than GTR? Water pressure is awesome! After two days of barely being able to rinse your hair out in the shower, it was amazing to get a good shower! Also, SOFT TOWELS! These things don't seem like a big deal until you don't have them!
The room was tastefully decorated, clean, and updated. GTR is getting outdated....
The beachfront balcony beat our GTR tower room view, hands down! They rake the beach in the morning. It is so nice to sit out and have coffee watching the sun come up.
The price also beats GTR by far!
The only downsides to Grand Beach....the mattresses are covered with plastic protectors under the sheets....we both woke up sweating in the middle of the night. Secondly, the breakfast area needs to be changed around so it doesn't get all backed up. The resort was at 97% capacity when we were there, so it was difficult to get a good breakfast due to the crowd and waffle maker holding up the line.
We really enjoyed our stay, and I may go back with my family this summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Grand Beach Resort Hotel is one of the finest waterfront lodging facilities located on the beautiful beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan. Greet the stunning sunrise or relax to a gorgeous sunset from the privacy of your own balcony or patio overlooking more than 300’ of sugar sand beach being caressed by the waves of East Bay. This Resort is perfect for enjoying water sports, local shopping, and the best of eateries, wineries and breweries. You can also enjoy the plentiful amenities such as an indoor pool, hot tub, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and more to make your stay not only enjoyable but memorable for years to come. The newly renovated rooms offer our guests pillow-top mattresses, a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and in-room safe. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Grand Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Traverse City