My husband and I stayed here for five days while visiting family in the area, and had a good stay. We come to Traverse City every summer and would probably stay here again (especially if a room on the bay was available).
Lots of good stuff:
- Clean rooms with comfortable beds
- Microwave and mini-fridge in the room
- Large, sandy beach with lots of chairs available (no chair rental fee)
- Little noise from other rooms, especially considering that the hotel was fairly full
- Beach towels provided in your room and replaced daily (so you don't have to sign your life away to get one like you do in some places)
- If you're interested in water activities (wave runners, etc.), they have a rental kiosk right on the beach.
Along with a few caveats:
- Breakfast area is small and poorly organized, leading to long, slow-moving lines when the hotel is full. Choices are adequate for a continental-breakfast-plus-waffles, but no better than adequate.
- Limited space to hang clothes (in a free-standing armoire, not a closet). For the two of us, there was enough space, but with more people in the room I could imagine it getting quite full.
- The indoor pool was at bath water temperature, and the pool room was very, very warm. Seemed like overkill in mid-summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Grand Beach Resort Hotel is one of the finest waterfront lodging facilities located on the beautiful beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan. Greet the stunning sunrise or relax to a gorgeous sunset from the privacy of your own balcony or patio overlooking more than 300’ of sugar sand beach being caressed by the waves of East Bay. This Resort is perfect for enjoying water sports, local shopping, and the best of eateries, wineries and breweries. You can also enjoy the plentiful amenities such as an indoor pool, hot tub, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and more to make your stay not only enjoyable but memorable for years to come. The newly renovated rooms offer our guests pillow-top mattresses, a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and in-room safe. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Grand Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Traverse City