Visited this resort for the first time last week. Tried to check in early around noon, desk clerk took my cell phone number and said he would call when the room was ready. He never called. We arrived back after 4 PM after going in to town for lunch and shopping. When questioned about not being called, he said they "just turned it around." Check in as supposed to be 3 PM. It would have nice, staying with access to the beach to be able to enjoy it the day we arrived. It took 4 calls and more than 1.5 hours to get a roll away bed, despite requesting one during the online reservation and phone confirmation process. We had a parking lot view room on the ground floor. Room was outdated for the price. Parking is not sufficient for the number of guests. Watched guests drive around and around to find a spot to park just as I did the first night there. The breakfast area is common fare and very small. Again, too many guests for the space provided. Did not realize there is a resort fee (average between $10-12 per night) until checking out. Apparently this was for towel service and to clean the beach, which honestly could have been cleaner. I did not see that disclosed anywhere on website. Also state and local tax are added on when you check out. Our bill was around $637 for two nights. You can rent water related items (jet skis, kayaks, water trampoline, etc) right on the beach, most are fairly expensive. It is right across the street from a miniature golf course with other activities and a few restaurants and about 20 minutes from downtown Traverse City. Customer service was lacking compared to other resort hotels I have visited. I would look for other possible options the next time I'm looking for a beach front hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Beach Waterfront Resort Hotel is one of the finest accommodations on the beaches of Traverse City, Michigan. Grand Beach Traverse City hotel offers an indoor pool, hot tub, deluxe complimentary continental breakfast & many more amenities. We offer a wide array of guest rooms, from large suites accommodating family vacations to deluxe beach front hotel rooms and condominiums with in-room whirlpool spas for that romantic escape, so book your next vacation at Grand Beach hotel today. We look forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Traverse City