“Beautiful place great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse
Ranked #2 of 19 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I chose the Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse as our home base for a 3 day visit to the Traverse City area. The house is beautiful. There is a well-equipped workout room and sauna, 2 huge common living rooms, 2 smaller common rooms, and a nice breakfast room. If you're lucky, you'll get to see the secret dungeon, too. Super clean, up to date decorating and comfortable furniture. Our room was really spacious, with a balcony, kitchenette and king bed. There wasn't a desk in the room, but considering we had access to the rest of the big house, that didn't really matter. The setting is very pretty, peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was so-so for me, but my husband loved the make-it-yourself belgian waffles. The location is very central on Old Mission Peninsula. We enjoyed biking right from the house. If you tend to stay put on vacation, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have King beds, be sure to request.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I visited The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse a few years ago and enjoyed it so much that I went again: this time with friends. All 6 rooms have been renovated and I am a light sleeper: no problems with sound through walls as some people have mentioned. As a 'resident' you have full use of the house: large living room; dining room; fitness center downstairs; tea/coffee room and all the beautiful deck areas. The kitchen is well stocked with anything and everything you will need for a self service light or an extremely full breakfast: I particularly enjoy the Belgian Waffles!

The housekeeping is outstanding and unobtrusive: all rooms are spic and span and while the bathrooms are a bit small, everything necessary for you is there. Each room has a kitchenette with microwave (including complementary popcorn!), refrigerator, glasses, plates and tableware.

The peace and quiet of the Inn is special: other Inns and B&Bs in the area seem to be rather hectic and busy-perhaps some might enjoy having their B&B attached to the winery: I don't and prefer having a private home tucked away, but close to the Chateau Grand Traverse to be a special benefit. Enjoy your nightly complementary bottle of wine: in your room if weather is inclement or on your own balcony. If travelling with friends as I did: we enjoyed a dinner with wine 'al fresco' on the outdoor common balconies off the tea/coffee room and living room enjoying the sun setting over the vineyards and Grand Traverse Bay. I hope to return annually!

Room Tip: #6 has a king bed and overlooks the vineyards. #3 has a queen bed and looks out to the Grand Traver...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I took my in-laws to Northern Michigan last week. We chose the Inn for our lodging because of its central location on the Mission Peninsula. From there, we were able to explore Suttons' Bay, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Glen Arbor, Charlevoix, Petoskey and Mackinac State Park.

The Inn is situated about 100 yards from the main winery building and is a very large 6 bedroom house set amidst beautiful large trees and vineyards. Each room is equipped with its own bath, balcony, refrigerator, microwave, and sitting area. The room was very bright and clean and was stocked with complimentary granola bars, popcorn, and coffee. The only problem with the room was the thinness of the walls. My in-laws were awoken by their neighbors' tv on two different nights.

The common area is well-maintained and includes two sitting areas, a large dining room, a sun room, a game room and a large deck. There is also a small workout room with a sauna, a treadmill, a stairmaster, an exercise bike and a few weight machines. Breakfast is self-served and adequate but not great.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Inn, especially our nightly wine on our balcony, and returned home very relaxed!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

First time at a winery inn. Very clean, spacious "mansion" which you have run of the mill. Very nice self service breakfast spread, winery discounts, free samples, tours, lovely grounds. Rooms are spacious with kitchenette. Staff is very helpful, cheery and positive. Everything is very clean. It is very peaceful and quiet, you can kinda hear the others (walls/doors a bit thin) but no one was rowdy and there are only maybe 6 rooms. There is even a secret passage room.....come check it out! You also get a free bottle of wine per night! There is a workout area, sauna, sitting room (windows) big dining room, library, common room, books, kitchen etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2012

There were six of us in our party, and we stayed in three rooms for four nights. We used this for a base to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes area, the wineries in both peninsulas, and nearby resort towns. The rooms were superb, as well as the living/social areas of the inn. The views from our rooms were truly magnificent. The breakfast was self serve in a very nice breakfast room, and we had many choices of items for breakfast. The winery is the largest in the area and gives free tastings. They also provide your choice of a bottle of wine for each night you stay.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms. We stay in #1, and it had a great view & king size bed. #2 & #3 ha...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Not sure what to expect when we arrived, being that this was going to be the first time myself and my wife stayed at an Inn. But when we arrived we found a very intimate, clean, and mature home away from home. The rooms were by simple, small kitchenette, a couch and table, and a comfortable bed. But they think of small things, like paper towel and dish soap. No charges for things like popcorn, granola, and a free bottle of wine every night. Oh, and did I mention that the rooms are clean? Outside of your room there is a whole mansion of rooms to explore or to relax at. The "breakfast" room was neat and tidy, with everything you can have for a snack or breakfast.
Got to say that I was impressed.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We had such a nice time. My husband and I spent our 25th anniversary here and it was everything we could have hoped for. The rooms were lovely, the food was great, the staff was incredibly accommodating and pleasant. Even when I messed up the reservations, they went out of their way to fix things. And the grounds are spectacular. We can't say enough positive things about our stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple