“Great for our honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse
Ranked #4 of 19 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Being from Grand Rapids, but living in Texas, I booked my honeymoon here based on reviews, pictures, and price. I couldn't have been happier. It was the exact location my wife requested (although she never was told where we were going). She wanted quiet, small, no kids. I wanted modern, clean, and spacious. This place was great. She commented how much the hills and view reminded her of travels in New Zealand. The after hours check-in was easy (our names on an envelope with room assignment) and the room was just fabulous. There was a comfy queen bed, couch and table, nice balcony, and sink, microwave, and fridge. And the bottle of wine each night! We loved it. The continental breakfast was full, stocked, original, and fresh. They even served Biggby coffee. This place was just ideal for our honeymoon. It was a perfect retreat from the hectic season that ran up to it. We plan on returning here regularly in married life.

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms. I think they're all similar and equally set up. Ours was room 4 and righ...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here April 26-29 (Friday-Monday) for a relaxing getaway. Check in was smooth (go to a small office behind the main winery/tasting room) and getting settled into the room was a breeze. We were greeted at the inn (just down the hill from the winery, all in walking distance) by a lovely young lady who showed us to our room, gave us the run-down on how things worked, and gave a us a tour of the house. Our room was great, the view perfect. Great having a balcony (all rooms have one), made for nice lunches. There is a small fridge, sink, coffee maker, microwave in the room-all clean. Breakfast is self-serve, which some may not like, but we did not mind. You just have to pick up after yourself a bit as a courtesy to others. Two mornings were were the only ones in the breakfast room which was nice as you are getting used to where things are and how much mix to pour in the waffle maker without overflowing! Breakfast foods were small quiches, fruit plate, pastries, cereal, bagels, juices, coffee. Check the bottom freezer for extras to heat up too. A bottle of wine is included with each room night-just make your selection and let housekeeping know. House was quite, however housekeeping staff was a bit noisy one day-we were the only ones there so maybe they thought we took off for the day. Walls are thin as this was a house, so if you had some noisy people next to you could be a problem. The winery and all staff there were great and treated us well. Great at explaining the wines! Great place, hope to make it back again soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BryonyFD
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We just stayed at the Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse for a quick week day visit. Five couples together looking for a place to gather and enjoy our time up north and this was the place! The Chateau was running a winter special so we arrived on Wednesday and left Friday. The place has been updated for those who have visited previously. Six rooms, a large living room, nice sun room, large table/dining room to bring in your own food, a lovely breakfast room, exercise room and lower level with a television area. The rooms were great, we had a queen room which had a sitting area with chair and couch, microwave, your own coffee pot and refrigerator. Each day we received a bottle of wine and breakfast. The breakfast was not a normal bed and breakfast meal, a high level continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this to a large group who want to have a house feel to their stay. I could see where someone may struggle with a larger group being there with them but I would still stay. The winery was great too, with some cute gifts to bring home. The owner lives at the other end of the building and visited regularly. We loved hearing his stories (Ed has had some very unique experiences). It is only a six mile drive back to the main area of Traverse City but this is like having it all, the fun of the city and the quiet of the Old Mission.

Room Tip: There are only two king bedrooms so if you are used to a King you may want that. It is more money...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here in July 2012 for two nights, which were the last 2 nights of our northern Michigan honeymoon. We weren't sure what to expect, but we were so pleasantly surprised. The rooms are beautiful and well kept, the grounds are magnificent, Staff was friendly and the breakfast had great variety and was delicious. We spent a long time sitting on our balcony over looking the vineyards, enjoying the peace and quiet. We are definitely planning on staying here again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I chose the Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse as our home base for a 3 day visit to the Traverse City area. The house is beautiful. There is a well-equipped workout room and sauna, 2 huge common living rooms, 2 smaller common rooms, and a nice breakfast room. If you're lucky, you'll get to see the secret dungeon, too. Super clean, up to date decorating and comfortable furniture. Our room was really spacious, with a balcony, kitchenette and king bed. There wasn't a desk in the room, but considering we had access to the rest of the big house, that didn't really matter. The setting is very pretty, peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was so-so for me, but my husband loved the make-it-yourself belgian waffles. The location is very central on Old Mission Peninsula. We enjoyed biking right from the house. If you tend to stay put on vacation, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have King beds, be sure to request.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I visited The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse a few years ago and enjoyed it so much that I went again: this time with friends. All 6 rooms have been renovated and I am a light sleeper: no problems with sound through walls as some people have mentioned. As a 'resident' you have full use of the house: large living room; dining room; fitness center downstairs; tea/coffee room and all the beautiful deck areas. The kitchen is well stocked with anything and everything you will need for a self service light or an extremely full breakfast: I particularly enjoy the Belgian Waffles!

The housekeeping is outstanding and unobtrusive: all rooms are spic and span and while the bathrooms are a bit small, everything necessary for you is there. Each room has a kitchenette with microwave (including complementary popcorn!), refrigerator, glasses, plates and tableware.

The peace and quiet of the Inn is special: other Inns and B&Bs in the area seem to be rather hectic and busy-perhaps some might enjoy having their B&B attached to the winery: I don't and prefer having a private home tucked away, but close to the Chateau Grand Traverse to be a special benefit. Enjoy your nightly complementary bottle of wine: in your room if weather is inclement or on your own balcony. If travelling with friends as I did: we enjoyed a dinner with wine 'al fresco' on the outdoor common balconies off the tea/coffee room and living room enjoying the sun setting over the vineyards and Grand Traverse Bay. I hope to return annually!

Room Tip: #6 has a king bed and overlooks the vineyards. #3 has a queen bed and looks out to the Grand Traver...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I took my in-laws to Northern Michigan last week. We chose the Inn for our lodging because of its central location on the Mission Peninsula. From there, we were able to explore Suttons' Bay, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Glen Arbor, Charlevoix, Petoskey and Mackinac State Park.

The Inn is situated about 100 yards from the main winery building and is a very large 6 bedroom house set amidst beautiful large trees and vineyards. Each room is equipped with its own bath, balcony, refrigerator, microwave, and sitting area. The room was very bright and clean and was stocked with complimentary granola bars, popcorn, and coffee. The only problem with the room was the thinness of the walls. My in-laws were awoken by their neighbors' tv on two different nights.

The common area is well-maintained and includes two sitting areas, a large dining room, a sun room, a game room and a large deck. There is also a small workout room with a sauna, a treadmill, a stairmaster, an exercise bike and a few weight machines. Breakfast is self-served and adequate but not great.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Inn, especially our nightly wine on our balcony, and returned home very relaxed!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family