“A Quality Stay from Quality Staff”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My wife is currently serving in our Armed Forces in Afghanistan. Upon her flight back into Michigan we were given a 15 day retreat as a family before she had to go back. In going back she would have to fly out of Traverse City so in getting away prior to her flying back we wanted to spend some time with her . In calling different hotels one of my friends told me about Cherry Tree Inn and how much they enjoyed the beachside resort, fresh air and a wonderful view. However, living on a budget I called the hotel and in speaking to one of their receptionists I explained that we had 4 kids. I wanted some privacy with my wife and explained that she was headed back to Afghanistan. The receptionist made me feel very at ease in discussing this in which she stated that her best friend was also serving in the same country. After talking to her for about 30 miutes on the phone I booked with Cherry Tree Inn. Not only did she gives us a great deal, but she placed us on the beach front. All I can say from my family to yours is that when you are traveling in Michigan and you are in Traverse City over night or for a few days call Cherry Tree Inn - they will not disappoint you!

Room Tip: The rooms on the beach side have walk-out patios
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ccodden
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Thank you for your review, but more importantly, thank you for your sacrifice as a military family. We have such great respect for your wife and your entire family. You put yourselves in situations that we would never want to be in. I'm glad that we can provide just a fraction of the comfort that you provide us each day with your service to our nation. From the bottom of all the Cherry Tree Family's hearts, thank you. Have a wonderful year. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

There are newer reviews for Cherry Tree Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Just returned from a six night stay at the Cherry Tree and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We stayed in the Mackinac Room with its spa tub, fireplace and beautiful view of the bay. The staff was friendly, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was always plentiful. We would definitely stay here again and have no hesitations recommending this hotel to family and friends!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your long stay. It tickles us to know that even for extended stays, where a guest sees our staff and our operations for a long time, we continue to do well. I'm so glad you enjoyed your fantastic room and thank you for your recommendation! Have a wonderful end of April!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed in the Harbor Springs Suite from Thursday, April 7 through Sunday, April 10. This was our second time visiting The Cherry Tree and the second time in the Harbor Springs Suite as well.

The room was immaculate, and the bed comfortable. We loved the fireplace, although we were there during a warmer weekend than it usually is in April (thank goodness!!) so we didn't use it much. The in-room jacuzzi is fabulous! The kitchenette area is very convenient. I liked the bowed out shower rod, but the curtain seemed a bit short and it was difficult to keep in the shower stall. The hair dryer also didn't stay attached to the wall. We ran into housekeeping and let them know, and I also wrote in on the comment card so I am convinced it will be taken care of. The staff really goes out of their way to make sure everything is perfect for their guests.

Every morning we used our binoculars and looked at the birds and wildlife on the bay. We were lucky enough to watch a juvenile bald eagle every morning, trying to fish for its breakfast. What a beautiful way to start a day!!

The staff was always professional and friendly, and I like the change of the cherry chairs in the Sweet Shoppe now and the different furniture in the breakfast room. All of the public areas are warm and inviting. They have thought of everything, from umbrellas in the lobby for guest use to drinks, snacks, and personal items for sale in the Sweet Shoppe.

We are already planning a trip back in the early fall and again next spring. We just love the Traverse City area and the Cherry Tree Inn and Suites!

Thank you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the bay!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We went to Traverse CIty for my husbands birthday and stayed at Cherry Tree Inn for the first time. The staff was professional and friendly.
The facilities and our room were clean and in good repair. We had a fantastic view of the bay. We did not have one of the newly remodeled rooms, but it was still comfortable. The Inn was very convenient to both peninsulas to visit the numerous wineries.
There was a nice selection for breakfast each morning before we headed out for the day. I especially liked the sitting room next to the lobby with the toasty fire place where I sat and read a book. Only complaint is that the pool was too chilly.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from vending machines.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Hello! Thank you for your kind review. Aren't the peninsulas great? I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them and their wineries. I'm sorry, though, that you thought the pool was a bit chilly. Our twice daily recordings have been reading that it's at 83 degrees and the hot tub is at 103 degrees. We will continue to monitor as we do to ensure that it does stay consistent and comfortable for our guests.

Have a great spring and summer!

Reviewed 7 April 2011

My husband and I went to the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites for the first night of our honeymoon and we had a wonderful room with a great view for a great price! I have 15 years experience in the hospitality industry so I am very picky when it comes to hotels and motels. This was the second time I stayed at the Cherry Tree - that says alot! The only thing I could find wrong with the room was the fact that the ceiling light in the bathroom had no cover and there were gaps between the pieces of crown moulding. BUT, I think I heard something about them having remodeled rooms and I don't think we had a remodeled room...next time I am hoping for one of those:) Remodeld room or not, it was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable, glad to have the mini-fridge, microwave and sink. Even though it was winter it was great to have the balcony and such a beautiful view. The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant (poor girl - she was there when we checked in and when we checked out - very cheerful though!!!). Thanks for a great stay - we look forward to seeing you the same time next year for our first anniversary!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2011

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon. We love hearing those stories of joy and happiness! Thank you for your review and have a wonderful 1st year of marriage and here's to at least 74 more! :)

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Evening service was fabulous (evening desk staff was very friendly), room layout and size was wonderful, bathroom lock didn't work (but we loved our room anyway), usually, in a hotel I am a little concerned about cleanliness, it was as close to clean as I have ever seen....meaning you have to look pretty hard to find. (bathroom ceiling light fixture was open and very dusty) breakfast was great, pool was just the right size and temp., spa in room was very large. I would highly recommend this hotel to others...I would definately return

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I do apologize for the two maintenance items that you experienced. We will fix those right away. The bath fans used to have large heat lamps in them, but in an effort to conserve engery and bring a better look to the bathroom ceilings, we're switching them to energy efficient lights and new light and fan covers. I apologize that yours wasn't changed yet.

Thank you again. We will continue to work to be better for you in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

We went to CTI&S on our honeymoon and it was wonderful! The staff all knew we were newlyweds and treated us as such. We got great advice at where to go and where to eat, plus the hotel is beautiful. Even in March the views were amazing, the pool was cool and the hot tub was clean. There was also a continental breakfast that was really good. You could make your own waffles or have biscuits and gravy. Even though there were a lot of people staying there, it was quiet and really nice coming back to a clean room!

Room Tip: Try for bay views!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you! Congratulations on your marriage. I'm pleased that our hotel fit what you were looking for during your celebration vacation! We wish you a wonderful marriage and a wonderful year!