“Good Weekend”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Nice clean room with a beautiful view of the bay. Great off season rate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review of your stay. Glad you enjoyed the views - they always astound me and the Cherry Tree Family. We're very blessed to be living in Traverse City.

Jonathan P.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,438)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room we had at the Cherry Tree was spacious and clean and very affordable. We appreciated the free breakfast as well. We were disappointed by the beach... it wasn't really a beach but more of a marshy area with large patches of sand in the water. You had to walk at least 100 ft out in the water to actually get to the water.

Room Tip: Reserve a room with a balcony/view of the bay.

Good day!

Thank you for your stay and your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel, but I apologize for the beach. We are regulated by state and federal authorities, so we are only allowed to do certain things to our beach. However, we did just expand it and remove some willow trees that were blocking views - all of this work was done in accordance with our permit. We have also put our red cabanas, moved our kid's play ship to the opposite side of the beach (opened the view from our bayside outdoor pool), and have started grooming more regularly. I do apologize we weren't able to complete all these changes prior to your stay. We do still have to have a portion of our 400 feet of access that is a natural area, but we do now have a better beach portion.

Thank you again and have a wonderful summer. Do please come and visit again to see our improvements.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Spacious suites. Very comfortable beds. HD TV's. Not too far from downtown,10-12 miles.

Hello!

Thank you for your quick review. We certainly appreciate it, and I'm glad you found us close to downtown. We're actually only 5 miles from downtown Traverse City, but it takes about 10-12 minutes with the lights.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My traveling companion had stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn last year and raved about it. So we tried it again on our trip around Lake Michigan. We liked it so much, we delayed our trip a day and stayed another night. The room we had was spacious, clean, and had an amazing view. The services and amenities, including ice water and coffee all day, chocolate chip cookies, pool/hot tub, outdoor lounging furniture, TV in the bathroom, fireplace (with fire) in the lounge, and a very substantial breakfast, all made the stay memorable. We were on the road for two weeks; began in Georgia, then to New Orleans and up the Mississippi and around Lake Michigan. The bill at the Cherry Tree for two days was less than anywhere we stayed for one night and we did not pick expensive hotels. My only problem was the Internet service as I work from home. It was not very fast, but I think that's more a function of the Internet and the number of users rather than the hotel. We loved our stay!

Room Tip: I loved the ground floor; walk out to a grassy area and lounge furniture.

Good June day!

Thank you for visiting Traverse City and staying at our hotel. I'm please you had a nice stay and enjoyed so much of our hotel. I apologize that the Internet was slow, and I will continue to monitor that so it doesn't affect other guests.

I'm glad you enjoyed everything else and I hope you come visit the area again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is top notch. The view of Grand Traverse Bay is outstanding. The balconies are large as are the rooms. They have microwaves and refrigerators. The beds are most comfortable. The employees of the hotel couldn't be more capable and friendly. The breakfast is the best I've ever had at a hotel and is complimentary. I would definitely stay here again. Prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: The Elk Rapids room was more than adequate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Wow! Your review was very kind and we're so glad you had such a wonderful stay. We'll be happy to welcome you back soon. Have a very wonderful June!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for two nights to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The staff wished us a "Happy Anniversary" upon our arrival and the cleaning staff did the same when we exited the elevator on our floor! I asked them if they had ESP as to how they knew it was our anniversary! When we entered our room, there was a helium balloon and a free movie certificate along with a bag of microwave popcorn! Such attention to detail was amazing. Our room was wonderful. It was roomy with a king bed and a large spa tub and fireplace and a very efficicient kitchen area. The view overlooking the bay was beautiful. We sat on the balcony and sipped our wine and thoroughly enjoyed the view. We even saw a bald eagle! The breakfast in the morning was more than we expected and the coffee was delicious. If we ever find our way to Traverse City again, we will definitely stay here again. We also enjoyed exploring Mission Point penninsula. With all the local wineries and beautiful rolling hills of grapes, it felt like we were in Napa Valley. We absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Good Harbor Bay studio. It was on the 5th floor with a balcony overlooking the bay...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you and happy belated anniversary! I'm glad you enjoyed the surprises for your anniversary and that you had a great time - even seeing one of the bald eagles (one was out just the other day - they are such an incredible sight). Glad you also enjoyed the wineries. They are always a hit and each time you come, you can always find a new winery or new wine (and, now, microbreweries are popping up left right - two this week alone).

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cherry Tree for 2 nights and were very happy with the room, the staff and the breakfast they offered. We stayed in the Harbor Suites. Our room was large with a view of the bay. It was clean and the jacuzzi was awsome. I have been at hotels with jacuzzi's but wouldn't go in them because they looked old and dirty. This one was very clean and looked brand new. Was great to get in and unwind after being out all day sightseeing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Good Day!

Thank you for the wonderful review you left, and we're so glad you enjoyed the Harbor Springs Suite and the nice clean Jacuzzi that's in it. I'll be sure to share your review with my housekeeping team. They work so hard each day, and I'm glad it's noticed regularly by our guests.

I hope you have a great June - let's all hope we have great weather - sunny days and some rain only at night to keep everything green and beautiful!