“Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here for a short getaway over St. Patty's day. We had the Mackinaw Suite which was spacious and comfortable. The flowers and wine I ordered for my wife were waiting for us in the room upon arrival. The view of Grand Traverse Bay was very nice but would be nicer in the summer. Overall it was the nicest place I have stayed in Traverse City. It beats the Grand Traverse Resort and the other smaller resorts along the lake shore.

1 Thank lovemexico222
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's really nice to read that you found it so relaxing at the Cherry Tree. I'm glad you and your wife had a good time and hope that you come back to enjoy again.

Jonathan P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Palatine,Il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

A hot tub outside that worked well in the winter, with a view of lake michigan... AWESOME! hotel crew was friendly, my only negitive remark, game room sucked.. just 3 crappy games .. Overall, it was just daaaaaaaaamn good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello!

That's AWESOME that you enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and the friendly hotel crew. They were happy to see your review!

I'm sorry for the game room games. We offer the in-room Playstation 2's and then some simple arcade games in our game room. I'll see if we can do anything better in the there in the future.

Thank you for your review and your stay. Have a greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat day!

Pentwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Great place to visit for a few days. Located right on the bay and close to shopping and restaurants. The room is updated and clean. The staff is helpful. Pool is nice but a little cold. The breakfast assortment is great there is something for every type of eater.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Good day!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm happy you found the room updated and clean - that's important for any hotel, right? I do apologize that the pool was cool. I have checked that since and have found it to be at 84 degrees and the hot tub to be at 103. We'll keep an eye on that to make sure they are staying consistent.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful start to spring and come visit Traverse City again soon.

Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for two nights March 13 and 14 during our winter March break with my elderly parents. We had two rooms, one was a corner room, each with two comfortable queen beds on the fourth floor overlooking Grand Traverse Bay and the view was spectacular. The rooms are very spacious with three phones (one in the bathroom, along with a mounted white tv). Each room had a microwave, mini fridge, bar sink and individual coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The heating system can be set to a specific temperature. We used the continuous fan at night. My husband and I used the pool and the whirlpool one morning and it was lovely. The continental breakfast room is bright and offers a wide variety of items and two hot items that change daily. My parents enjoyed the belgian waffle with hot cherry topping. The entire property is very clean and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay side have an outstanding view. Corner rooms are nice and sunny.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SooMarie99
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm pleased that the room types, property, and staff were excellent for you and your parents. The waffles are one of my favorite items, too! :)

Have a wonderful day and end of winter!

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I love this spot. We stayed there in October 2012 and it was fantastic, clean, warm and like having a room by the sea! My partner and I chose a hot tub suite on the first floor which opened by patio door onto a small patio perfect for coffee in the morning and revelling in the view of the shoreline. The colours of fall were magnificent, the sun was shining and we did some beach combing because the water levels were low. This is a perfect get away for a couple or family, The beachfront features a great sand area with cool ship like play structure for the pirates in your crew. We are in our 50s and played captain and first mate as we climbed and took photos! There is also a fire pit area for late night camp fires. This is a great location for breakfast in the morning also included. Early Christmas shopping was fun!

Room Tip: Traveling off season or at the tail end of the season (October) still brings the best of shopping, b...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and good March day!

Thank you for your stay and I'm so happy you love our spot! I love the pictures you took, too. If you like, you can post them on our Facebook page for our Pictures for Pinterest competition. Guest who post their pictures of our hotel or of the area to our Facebook page will be entered into a random quarterly drawing for a free night stay at the Cherry Tree.

Thank you again for your kind review and wonderful pictures. Have a wonderful day and we'll be happy to have you come visit again soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

This may be a great summer family vacation spot. Great for the serious road warrior worker it is not.

There is poor lighting, no desk, and only uncomfortable beach-ish chairs. There are limited outlets and not easily accessible. I was put by the pool, even though they knew my trip was on business. The pool is loud--and it is loud until 10:30.

When I inquired immediately upon check in about another room, I was told there were were not any, although that night the parking lot was half empty! The sign out front proclaimed $69 Special, but I was charged $75, and was told it was because that was the rate I booked at, and they could not change it.

The rooms need updating--carpets thread bare, phone and TV in bathroom old yester- tech---and the flat screen is small with grainy picture, and few Chanels. The sheets are not high end, and smell funny.

My room was too hot, and I could not get it to cool off. The breakfast was OK, and the servers were pleasant enough. The location is somewhat hard to get out of if you want to go north.

Years ago this was a great place--problem is, it is exactly the same---it is not 1990 anymore folks---business travelers need a work space---not only relaxation. Based on this stay I will book elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello!

Thank you for your recent stay and the review you have left. I greatly appreciate that.

I apologize that you didn't find the room type you had comfortable for your business travels. In the future, we do plan to replace and add lighting in our rooms. The lighting would offer more outlets, too. I do apologize that you were by the pool, but that was the room type you reserved. Had we known you didn't care for a pool-view room, we would have certainly done everything possible to accommodate you better. Many travelers, including business travelers, differ in the room type they like. I apologize that we didn't do a better job of finding out the type of room you desired for your travels.

I'm also sorry you felt our rooms needed updating. We inspected the carpet of the room you stayed, but we couldn't find any signs of it being thread bare. That was definitely a concern to us not only for presentation, but the carpet was actually replaced in all of our main building rooms 2 years ago. We also have brand new HD TV's - though, I apologize for the grainy picture. We are actually installing HD channels through our cable company, and those are actually come in over the next two weeks. We're very excited to be one of the few hotels in the area with not only HD TV's but also the programming to go along with them. As for our phones, we offer simple in-room hotel phones with the ability of receiving messages and calling outside. We offer free local calls from them, too. I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind for future upgrades to our in-room technology, though.

As for the rate, I apologize that we didn't match the $69 rate on the sign. We do offer a March special that applies to our pool-view rooms. I would be happy to change that for you and I will send you a receipt. I do apologize for that oversight.

Thank you again for your review. We do continue to improve for all of our guests and especially our business travelers. In fact, after we have the HD TV channel programming in, we will be installing Fiber Internet, which should come in around July 2013 (they are waiting on government permits to run the cable along the roadway to our property). I greatly appreciate your comments, and we will keep them in mind for ways we can continue to improve our hotel.

Cortland, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

As two Texans who have been transplanted to Michigan for a few years, we've been wanting to get "up North" in the winter for a while now. We originally booked a room at the Cherry Tree Inn over the phone, and took advantage of the buy one night, get one night half off, which was a great value! However, on our way up to TC, I noticed that there was a Groupon for a weeknight stay for $69/night, which would save us a few bucks. I called and spoke with Liz about changing our reservation and she was very polite, courteous, and willing to make the change, which saved us about $60! Our room had a two-person jacuzzi and a comfy king-sized bed. Definitely no complaints there! We also took advantage of the outdoor hot tub, which felt great in the cold winter air. In my opinion, the breakfast was just a glamorous continental breakfast, nothing to write home about, but does offer a few more choices than just cereal and muffins. The hotel was more of a family-friendly resort than we anticipated, which was fine. Would definitely stay here again! The desk staff was really friendly and helpful.

Good day!

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of one of our few Groupon deals. We are a family friendly hotel, but we do offer eighteen different types of rooms, so we can actually accommodate families, couples, business travelers and more. We have a nice balance for everyone!

Thank you again. I'm glad you got to come up North, and I hope you get to check it out even more often.