“nice place, wonderful staff”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place was great, right on the beach on Traverse Bay, the staff was gret they would do anything to please us. The den always had plenty of coffee, games and books t read. would go bck every year. I needed a table near the bed for a cpap machine and they brought a huge table to the room, it was great not many hotels will go out of the way to help people

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your recent stay at the Cherry Tree. The Cherry Tree Family will be really happy to read your review and see how they did the right things at the right time. That's certainly what we want to do each day.

Have a wonderful April. We'll be happy to have you come visit again.

Jonathan P.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,439)

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My wife and i wanted to get away from the house for the weekend and didnt have alot of time for the travelling part of the trip so to speak.We found a very nice place in Traverse City Michigan called The Cherry Tree Inn and Suites. We were pleasantly surprised by this little gem on the Grand Traverse Bay. The view from the balcony was very beautiful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the.There was a nice selection of food choices for the continental breakfast. I cant forget about the beds.My wife and I slept very well during our stay .There are probably things i am forgetting to mention however, we had absolutley no complaints about our stay at Cherry Tree. We tend to pick apart our vacation stays because we take trips every year to some very expensive places.Cherry Tree Inn & Suites is very high on our list of getaway destinations.Traverse City is a beauiful place to visit with so many things to do for everyone,young and old!

Room Tip: Suites on the north side have a beautiful view of the bay
1  Thank fireman-Joe

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. It's nice that you enjoyed your stay so much - especially the beds. We really appreciate your kind review and especially for staying with us.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is our third stay here...honeymoon, 1st anniversary, and now our 2nd. Checked in to our room about an hour ago and were quite pleased when we first walked in...we are in the Leelenau Suite on the first floor by the outdoor pool and hot tub (not sure we'd like that in the summer). Spacious room with separate bed and living room. Would definitely come here with the kids. I'll let you know how the whole stay turns out.

1  Thank MrsA32611

Hello!

Thank you for your kind in-progress review. I hope you had a wonderful stay - our Leelanau Suites are quite roomy. They are available on other floors, though, so you don't always have to be on the first floor near the outdoor pool and hot tub (some really love that convenience for their families).

Have a wonderful day. Thank you again and happy anniversary - wonderful!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I stay here every year in March! My absolute favorite thing to look forward to all year! Rooms are always prices right, clean. I love that they were fresh coffee, cookies and flavored water during the day all day! The free breakfast is a wonderful bonus! You couldn't ask for a better more friendlier staff for your stay. We also love how its so close to Hooters ;)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jrccwc

Good April day!

Thank you so much for your repeat visits. I'm glad that you enjoy it each time. Consistency is certainly very important to us. I'm glad you like our convenience to Hooters, too.

I hope you have a great April and rest of spring. We'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

My mother and I stayed here on St. Patrick's Day night, 3/17/13 and had an awesome experience. Check in was smooth and swift and the staff very nice and pleasant. Due to medical reasons, my mom likes a jacuzzi in the room so we rented the Leelanau suite. It was so nice. Very clean, well appointed. Loved that the bedroom had doors to block off the room when someone was in the jacuzzi tub. Plenty of towels and awesome environmentally conscience toiletries. The shower was roomy and the shower head was so nice..still want to get one of those for my own home. The view was gorgeous even in the winter. Didn't take advantage of the indoor pool/spa or the outdoor hot tub but both looked very nice. The only thing I could possibly think of to recommend is putting at least a two person plate setting in the cabinet. You have a small wet bar; sink, mini-fridge and microwave and a table for two, seems only right to have some kind of dishes in there. And I almost forgot! The room smelled so good! Like vanilla or something similar. My mother and I tried to find a plug-in or something but didn't find anything responsible for the pleasant aroma. The pull out sofa bed leaves a little to be desired so I wouldn't bother with that much. Didn't check out the hot breakfast but everything smelled wonderful while I was checking out. And the chocolate chip cookies at check in are a lovely touch. Over all, a wonderful place to stay while in the area. Many restaurants and stores right along the main drag making this hotel very convenient. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy F
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your "very nice" comments regarding your recent stay at the Cherry Tree. It's so nice that your mom was able to enjoy the in-room Jacuzzi. It looks like you had a Leelanau or Harbor Spring Suite. Those suites offer a lot of nice room and features.

Thank you for your suggestion of two place settings in the kitchenettes. We'll certainly take that into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for that suggestion!

We'll be happy to welcome you back again soon. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here for a short getaway over St. Patty's day. We had the Mackinaw Suite which was spacious and comfortable. The flowers and wine I ordered for my wife were waiting for us in the room upon arrival. The view of Grand Traverse Bay was very nice but would be nicer in the summer. Overall it was the nicest place I have stayed in Traverse City. It beats the Grand Traverse Resort and the other smaller resorts along the lake shore.

1  Thank lovemexico222

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's really nice to read that you found it so relaxing at the Cherry Tree. I'm glad you and your wife had a good time and hope that you come back to enjoy again.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

A hot tub outside that worked well in the winter, with a view of lake michigan... AWESOME! hotel crew was friendly, my only negitive remark, game room sucked.. just 3 crappy games .. Overall, it was just daaaaaaaaamn good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello!

That's AWESOME that you enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and the friendly hotel crew. They were happy to see your review!

I'm sorry for the game room games. We offer the in-room Playstation 2's and then some simple arcade games in our game room. I'll see if we can do anything better in the there in the future.

Thank you for your review and your stay. Have a greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat day!