My daughter & I stayed here over the weekend. I ran the Bayshore Marathon here and was looking for an inexpensive place to stay. The price was very good--we had a "non-beach" view that overlooked the roof, but that's what you get when you pay the lower rate.
The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We did feel, however, that the rooms (at least our room), need some updating. It was a bit shabby looking. The bedspreads are quite worn, as are the blankets, although I felt the mattress was above average. The room almost looked too big--maybe add a desk or an easy chair? There was little in the way of decorating--it was just kind of blah looking. The carpet should probably be replaced as well. Mostly clean, but just before we left, I saw many tiny ants in the kitchnette area. I did leave a comment card on the table in the room about this, so hopefully the staff saw it.
The coffee maker is nice, but it would be nicer to include 2 coffee filters and also an option for decaf. Maybe add a few paper plates & plastic ware too.
Bathroom was very clean, but again, some updating is needed. The wall paper around the tub is peeling. We did think it was funny that our shampoo, conditioner and soap was replaced after only one use (the used ones were still there, along with new ones)--if you can afford to do that, you should be able to afford at least some updating!:-)
I've given this hotel an above average rating because I've seen the manager respond here and I'm pretty sure he will take care of these issues in the future. I'd choose to stay here again, but I think I'd pick a beach view room next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City