I traveled to Traverse City with friends and our teen kids. Traverse City is a great place for that kind of trip. The kids loved jet boating, wave runners, water trampoline, shops and restaurants. I have been blessed with many awesome vacations. Maybe, I had my expectations too high. We checked in for 3 nights, our room was an Elk Rapids studio and a very average room, very dated but clean. We found a bug, that closely resembled a bed bug. It was later confirmed, it was NOT, but it was after we requested a room move. A kind, but very nervous desk person, explained to me they couldn't move us at first because nothing was available, then it was nothing in my price range, then I was to be moved for one night. I said fine, this is all after they had to phone the manager. The clerk asked me if I wanted to speak with him, she was clearly out of her comfort zone. The suite we moved to was nice, but had a sofa bed that was horrible. The next day, we ventured out to rent jet skis, and a jet boat. Ryan with the rentals on Cherry's beach was great. After committing to this expensive rental, we asked about the next room, and told we had to bring our items down to the office and then take back up later to our next room. We could not make a direct move due to cleaning schedules. I did share it would be better customer service if they inconvenienced their staff, not the guest. We discussed this for 25 minutes while our watersport rental time was ticking way. An assistant manager, was borderline rude with this issue, and later redeemed herself during the stay. Every single time I needed to be at the front desk I either waited or nobody was there. I waited 15 minutes for a plastic spoon, with two sweet ladies waited to ask if they had vacancy. The gentleman behind the desk was smiling as he spoke on the phone. He did hand me a spoon, and then took a second call before assisting these ladies waiting! Some very basic customer service training is needed and possibly more staff! They have pools, but really tiny and the outdoor has a beautiful view of the parking lot. Maybe some landscaping might help. They close really early, so kind of worthless. The breakfast, eh at best. The assistant manager did comp us one night or our stay, and treated to ice cream, but this chaos took up a lot of time and aggravation on this 3 night only trip! I feel like this is sort of a small hotel with unmatched big prices (over $700 for 3 nights) on a piece of heaven. We all loved Traverse City, will definitely return but unfortunately won't be staying at Cherry Tree again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Traverse City