Check in was weird. we arrived prior to 3pm check in and room wasn't ready. Totally understandable. We left and came back at 3pm. They said room wasn't ready - another 15-20 minutes, so we waited. 20 minutes later, I went up to the desk again and they said another 15-20 minutes. I said we were just told 15-20 minutes 20 minutes ago, and she smiled and said, yes, it will be another 15-20 minutes. no apology. weird. I asked, so isn't check in at 3? They said it's "guaranteed after 3pm". I'm not really sure what that means. So really they are okay to check you in anytime as long as it's AFTER 3pm??? That seems like ordering a pizza and they tell you they guarantee it will be to your door in "at least 30 minutes". But they did come out as we waited to tell us we didn't have the best rate and they would reduce it to a lower rate. Okay, I'm suddenly fine with the wait.
Staff - Consistently friendly and helpful.
Room - HUGE! So terrific to have that much space on vacation. I think I've had smaller apartments. Though large, it was awkwardly laid out. The bathroom was enormous and yet no privacy to the toilet. The entry was long and narrow like a bowling alley. Definitely needs updating in terms of décor, though better than the pictures. Bedroom bed was super comfy. pull out couch not so much. Jacuzzi and fireplace were great amenities in room.
View/beach/water - view was really beautiful. Balcony was nice. Beach wasn't the sugar soft sand of the downtown area. And the water wasn't as pretty. Though the sand bar was fun to walk out on .
Other amenities - Coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby all day was such a treat. The workout room was really small - 2 pieces of cardio equipment and weights, but I was always able to get on a piece of equipment in the morning. Breakfast was crowded and awkward, but edible and a variety better than most continental breakfasts at hotels. The onsite laundry was very helpful. The hotel is one of the farthest from town (4+miles), so the shuttle service was very nice. They were very gracious about its use.
Overall it was a very nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Traverse City