“One of the best places we've ever stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“One of the best places we've ever stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I were extremely delighted with our stay. Everything about it was perfect. The rooms were beautiful. The view of the bay, the huge Jacuzzi tub, the soft comfortable beds. Even the pull out bed from the couch was great, our 5 year old loved it. Being able to just sit and relax on the balcony overlooking the bay while drinking delicious blueberry tea, and cherry coffee (supplied by Cherry Tree Inn) was perfect. Even the tv in the bathroom was amusing. The breakfast was hands down the best breakfast we've ever had from a hotel. Everything you could want is there: Fresh juices, fresh fruit (we're talking pineapple, strawberries....not just cheap blah melons and cantaloupe ;) ), a make your own waffle machine with a crock pot full of cherries and cans of whip cream for toppings. Delicious Traverse City flavored coffees, a wonderful variety of teas, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage. Just everything you could imagine. The pool and hot tub are also great. There's even a snack shoppe room full of extra goodies for kids and adults to enjoy, and a lounge area with free board games, etc. The employees are extremely friendly and helpful and they really know the area. If there's a place you need to get to they will give you a map and show you right where to go. They can even give great recommendations on places to go, things to see and do. Even when its started to rain during our stay they supplied us with umbrellas. If you ever need a place to stay while in Traverse City, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank I_Rose_S
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and your very kind review. It's thrilling to know that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we had everything clicking just right to make your time in Traverse City enjoyable.

I'm glad you noticed all the good stuff we offer on our breakfast - I hope you got to try one of our new flavored waffles, too!

I'm also happy you noticed and used one of our umbrella's - nothing more kick-yourself-about-it than forgetting an umbrella when you travel. We've all done that I'm sure! :)

Have a wonderful fall and I hope you come visit our great area again soon.

Jonathan Pack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We loved the Cherry Tree Inn and Suites! From check in to check out it was awesome. The staff was friendly. We loved the fresh cookies and the 24 hour hot chocolate. The indoor and outdoor pools were great. We stayed in the Walloon lake suite. It was a spacious room with a balcony overlooking the bay. It was beautiful! Only problem was the living room housed the air conditioner, it kept that room cold while the bedroom was not cool. There was no way to get the cold air to the bedroom. Breakfast was great. Just wish there were eggs every day. The beach was awesome we loved the beach chairs and umbrellas. We will be back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello!

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I'm really glad that you loved our hotel so much - we tend to feel the same way about it! :)

I do apologize for the poor air flow in the suite you had. We are working on ways we can improve that.

We'll be happy to welcome you back to the Cherry Tree and Traverse City. It's a special area (and we think a special hotel!). Thank you!

Hibbing, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights in September and I couldn't ask for any more in a hotel. The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfortable, it was very clean, and it was right on the lake. Plus it was very affordable, with our third night being half priced!

• Stayed September 2013
Good evening!

Thank you for your kind review and I'm so glad you found our hotel to be an excellent value. Glad you took advantage of our little special we offered you on a slower night, too! It's always good to spend more time in the Traverse City area to explore or relax! Have a wonderful rest of fall.

Vassar, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Although it has been six months I felt i needed to let others know how fantastic this hotel was! From our arrival until leaving there wasn't a single problem. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and the views were fantastic. We enjoyed being located between the casino and the town! Every staff member was welcoming and the pool was nice! We are already planning our return visit next year!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmb2009
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in writing a review of your stay 6 months later. I truly appreciate that - it's not something we expect and it's even more of a surprise when you feel you want to write a review after such a period of time.

I 'm really happy that you enjoyed every bit of your stay and that our amenities and Cherry Tree Family made it just right for your trip to Traverse City.

We'll be very happy to welcome you back next year. Thank you again for the kind review and have a wonderful fall!

Lansing, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel because of its location right on the water. The staff was friendly, but the hotel seemed a bit dated and not what I expected. I guess I wanted more pizazz.

We did enjoy the pool area and breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy P
Good afternoon!

Thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. I'm terribly sorry that we didn't show the pizzaz that you were looking for at our hotel. As we continue upgrading and improving our hotel, we'll keep your comment in mind so we can meet your expectations better.

Thank you again. I hope you had a safe trip home and have a wonderful fall.

Pinckneyville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This lovely hotel is a fantastic bargain! The rooms are spacious, very clean and nicely appointed. The view from our room was lovely. The staff was warm and friendly and the breakfast delicious! Don't know how we could have asked from anything more! Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel overlooks the water. Very nice view from balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ramona612
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your stay and your very kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed our value so much. And thank you for the awesome sunset picture. Very cool. I know I get spoiled by seeing these often, but they always strike me! Thank you!

Howell, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We chose this hotel based on the wonderful reviews we read. It is certainly a nice hotel with friendly staff, but a couple things really ruined our stay here.

Negatives- The first wasn't really the hotels fault. There were a ton of kids on our first night because of a soccer championship in town. Our room was located on the first floor, right by the back door that leads to the beach and there were kids in and out, tapping on the glass, slamming doors until well beyond 9 PM. We have a toddler that was in bed trying to sleep by 8 PM. This was very disruptive and not at all a relaxing experience for us. We would have booked some place else had we known the hotel would be full of noisy kids, but of course there is no way to know that in advance. The other issue is how loud the doors slam. You hear every slam, and it rattled the door to our room. Every. Single. Time. Another issue was how insanely loud the motor was on the fan that is supposed to pull the air from the front to the back room. It seriously sounded like a lawn mower. It was way too noisy for us and our son, not to mention I felt bad about the noise it must be creating for those above/around us. The hotel staff did bring us a fan so we didn't have to use the obnoxious fan in the room. The last negative was that housekeeping showed up as were trying to get out the door in the morning so my husband asked if they could come back a little later. We left for the day and didn't return until that evening. Housekeeping had never returned. We got a knock on the door after 6 PM which we ended up declining because we were unwinding for the evening. I guess they may have been busy and couldn't get to it any sooner, but still a little disappointing. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

Positives- The beach is nice and well maintained. The staff are friendly and the hotel is clean.

We come to Traverse City regularly and were hoping to find a hotel we would love to return too. I think we are going to have to keep looking. :-/

Green Features: I liked this aspect a lot. I like that guests are encouraged to re-use towels and bed linens. We cloth diaper at home so that was nice to see.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jennifer G
Good evening!

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. I'm terribly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation. In regards to the room, I do apologize that the room type was not convenient or comfortable for your family. We are working to resolve the air flow issue in this type of suite. We do have 66 other rooms that aren't designed that way. I do apologize that the room type just didn't meet what you were expecting. I will also see how we can quiet the door when closing.

I'm sorry for the pace of the housekeeping team and them not able to get to your room shortly after you left. I am working with the team on their pacing and efficiency. I know they will improve.

I'm glad you enjoyed our beach, our staff, and our cleanliness. I do hope you return and try our hotel again. Please contact me directly and I can help you find one of our other 17 room types that will work better for your stay.

Have a nice fall!